Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
4th tops out at 125 if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
368 Posts
well i hit 120 in 4th while racing a talon TSI first gen, then i wanted to see how fast i could get and hit about 135 with my buddy shouting how hes gonna kill me in like 20 ways, so i didn't go no faster, i still had about 2500 rpm to go though.

and remember this is all on an inclosed course with profesional drivers and all required safty equipment!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
hmm...I'm almost 100% 4th tops out at 125.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
aftermarket rims/tires?

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
then I'd say get your speedo checked out, I can't find the thread, but I'm almost 100% sure 4th tops out at 125

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i thought the speedo could be it, but it seemed like a legitimate amount of time to get there. and being off by 15 is quite a bit. could be it i dont know, ill have to check into it sometime but not yet, lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
my 135 was 5th gear, i'm too Skeerd to take it passed 135, shit start flying by to fast for me. i am not a top speed guy any how, i like the street racing and the la mans type racing, no circles for me.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah, definitely not going to hit above 130 in 4th. If you did hit 140 then your speedo has to be way off. Not sure how it would get 15 off, but there's no way that it went 140. And rice you have to try 150 at least once, I've topped mine out 3x now, once I sustained it for 30sec, it's crazy!!!! You can barely see the dotted lines.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ive done 150+, but, I didnt intend to. I just started flooring it in fifth and kept saying "Maybe a little more, maybe a little more." Got up there pretty quick, but she had more in her. Car is bone stock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just for my knowledge, i tried to think about it but confused myself. wouldnt i notice a change in 15mph somewhere. like if it was accurate up to 100, which i hope it would be wouldnt it have to just jump up 15 at some point. cuz if i was only going 120 or something, how would it just be at 140, it had to climb somehow, i couldnt stay at the same speed (120 or so) and have the speedo and tach climb without the car actually going faster, if that made any sense at all, post some more thoughts

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
thats why people asked about your wheels and tires. your speedo would have to climb at an exponential rate, i.e. at 30mph its only say 1 or 2 mph off, then 5 off at 65, 15 at 120.

or you have a bad ground thats measuring rpm ok but the subsequent mph calculation is off. my speedo bounces around 90mph, flutters +/- 3mph or so...but my tach is always solid. good luck getting the dealer to address that one...

at about 6000 rpms, each gear ends conveniently...30, 60, 90, 120...cept for 5th cuz its taller.

hey i have an idea, maybe you can get a cop to help verify your speed :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey jeremy, thats always a good idea, if i see a cop, ill just look at his radar and keep the pedal down :hi: , no way im going down like that . but yeah my wheels and tires are stock, so whatever, no big deal, i just knew it wasnt right, so figured i would see what you all thought

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.