15 Posts
Ryan Autry said:
13.4 @ 103.5 w/2.2
13.5 @ 107.1 w/2.3

But now:
60+ WHP
&
50+ WTQ

"HOPE" for 12.3 - 12.7 @ 115+ with additional HP :?
Are those times for an SRT/4 :shock:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i'll let Raptored post his but:

9.0 at 78mph (1/8 mile)
9.1 at 80mph (1/8 mile w/ $1 mod + 0 traction launching from idle:shock: )

Mystery SRT....look out mounts and other mods coming soon though

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Re: Guess What??

neonphenom3 said:
I just left the track (1/8 mile) and I saw a 350Z and a WRX and check this out...the fastest time for the Z was 9.54sec and the WRX was 9.23sec. I think the SRT-4 can spank these. What do you think? :)
Look up 2 posts, I got 9.359, and I know that I was still spining the tires at that point. :twisted: So yeah, we can beat that.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i so need to hit the traps :?

·
Corgi-ish
6,148 Posts
It's Funny to me.

Well...I thought it was funny! I mean, people have been talking mad junk about the 350Z and the WRX (which is supposed to be the competition) and stock, these cars are not superior to the SRT-4 stock; Not to mention that we saved a semester's worth of tuition on the car. Once all of the aftermarket kits and parts come in for the SRT-4, I think it'll be an interesting summer.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: It's Funny to me.

neonphenom3 said:
Well...I thought it was funny! I mean, people have been talking mad junk about the 350Z and the WRX (which is supposed to be the competition) and stock, these cars are not superior to the SRT-4 stock; Not to mention that we saved a semester's worth of tuition on the car. Once all of the aftermarket kits and parts come in for the SRT-4, I think it'll be an interesting summer.
I think, the most interesting aspect about the race between the SRT-4 and the 350Z, is the 'Z' club won't be happy to find this out. LOL Though, not in the same catagory of cars, it is interesting to note that car is most respected but I wanted to know the true performance vice the mags. I could never get a Z car to race me.

However, I have been persistent on the Cooper guys for racing at the Carlsbad drags. Though, they already heard about the car, it may be tough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lol

i dont think its a good idea to compare a SRT-4 to a 350Z. The 350Z is a totally different car than the SRT. Altho i agree, that in a straight line a SRT will keep up or even beat a 350 Z...it wont be by much. The real beauty of a 350Z shows up when you take it to a road course. Lets not even mention the finish of the interior and exterior. Im willing to admit that a 350Z is much nicer as far as interior and exterior go...even tho my WRX will smoke one in the quarter. So i wouldnt put down a 350Z just because your SRT might be quicker. Believe me, if i beat a porsche, i wont put their cars down and say the overpayed...and that they should instead buy a WRX. It just makes no sense.

-Bobby D

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Re: lol

Bobby D said:
i dont think its a good idea to compare a SRT-4 to a 350Z. The 350Z is a totally different car than the SRT. Altho i agree, that in a straight line a SRT will keep up or even beat a 350 Z...it wont be by much. The real beauty of a 350Z shows up when you take it to a road course. Lets not even mention the finish of the interior and exterior. Im willing to admit that a 350Z is much nicer as far as interior and exterior go...even tho my WRX will smoke one in the quarter. So i wouldnt put down a 350Z just because your SRT might be quicker. Believe me, if i beat a porsche, i wont put their cars down and say the overpayed...and that they should instead buy a WRX. It just makes no sense.

-Bobby D
Heh heh heh. I'll take a 350z on a road course. Just a few more weeks until she is ready. . . .Muh hah hah hahha ha!

·
Corgi-ish
6,148 Posts
Re: lol

Bobby D said:
So i wouldnt put down a 350Z just because your SRT might be quicker. Believe me, if i beat a porsche, i wont put their cars down and say the overpayed...and that they should instead buy a WRX. It just makes no sense.

-Bobby D
Who's puttin down the 350Z? I think it's a great car. But I'm more pleased with what I have. Can't wait until break-in is over.

·
Registered
0 Posts
"the fastest time for the Z was 9.54sec and the WRX was 9.23sec. I think the SRT-4 can spank these. What do you think? "

i dont think that was a wrx et. Fastest one i know of was mid 10's @ 143. So a mag said.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
1.8T said:
"the fastest time for the Z was 9.54sec and the WRX was 9.23sec. I think the SRT-4 can spank these. What do you think? "

i dont think that was a wrx et. Fastest one i know of was mid 10's @ 143. So a mag said.
I think he's talking 1/8th mile tracks, not 1/4.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Keep in mind, the Z is naturally aspirated. Imagine what it could do with new internals and 16lbs of boost

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
then it wouldnt be a $30k 350Z it would be a $50-60k Skyline ZX2guy :roll: :wink: :twisted: 8)

and quite frankly although not in the same class just think of it this way:

Z= $27k+
SRT= $20

Z= 3.5L V6 (N/A)
SRT= 2.4L I4 (Turbo)

Z= 287hp (claimed)
SRT= 215hp (claimed)

Z= 98-102mph trap
SRT= 99-102mph trap

i say given the weight differences and power differences its a close match but i will give the edge to the SRT on top end. Mind you the only reason they are being compared for those who are angered by the thought is because when you call a 350Z a "Sports Car" it gets subjected to these types of comparos reagardless of class or price. "Now who's yo daddy 350Z!" *takes a bow*

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
13 Participants
unnecessary
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing