Dodge SRT Forum banner

7341 - 7360 of 7364 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Some nice engine bays.. Just got 2nd SRT4, it's a mess... Lol. I got wood screws holding stuff in, speaker wires used for regular wires, wire nuts used for connections, just.... Sigh.. Its horrible. Lol. But, been working in it a few days, went to local junk yard that has 50+ srt4, and spent 400$ on parts so far. Even gotta downpipe, fmic, etc.. I'd post pics.. But im,not allowed to Apparently. :(

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
just a picture of the new setup compared to the old setup.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
One of my favorite upgrades to the engine bay is the hydraulic hood lift kit modern performance makes for the neon srt4 now. What's so awesome about the kit is that it bolts up directly to the hood hardware. No drilling is necessary. You can install them in about ten minutes. I painted the mounting brackets to match the paint for a nice clean look. No more hood prop stick.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Finally got a brand name strut bar got it cheap cuz it looked like hell so fresh coat of paint and looks good. Now if only i could find time to install my act clutch

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
You can actually make you a hydrolic hood prop kit for cheaper than they sell. I'd love to see more pics under your hood though looks nice

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
One of my favorite upgrades to the engine bay is the hydraulic hood lift kit modern performance makes for the neon srt4 now. What's so awesome about the kit is that it bolts up directly to the hood hardware. No drilling is necessary. You can install them in about ten minutes. I painted the mounting brackets to match the paint for a nice clean look. No more hood prop stick.
I like that

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reviving an old thread.. but I put in a Killer Glass tube recently, and wanted to show it off. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Reviving an old thread.. but I put in a Killer Glass tube recently, and wanted to show it off. :)
That's a great show piece. Is it polycarbonate/plexiglass? I would hope so, I'd be paranoid about it breaking if not.

Also, are you aware that your valve cover breather is not under vacuum?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's a great show piece. Is it polycarbonate/plexiglass? I would hope so, I'd be paranoid about it breaking if not.

Also, are you aware that your valve cover breather is not under vacuum?
It's tempered glass and very thick. Very very sturdy.

The right side is not under vacuum, correct. It can either be plumbed into the intake or vent directly to atmosphere. The left side coming off the PCV valve runs through a catch can and a check valve, then into the intake manifold.

·
Registered
14 Posts

The right side is not under vacuum, correct. It can either be plumbed into the intake or vent directly to atmosphere. The left side coming off the PCV valve runs through a catch can and a check valve, then into the intake manifold.
Hrm. Just found this: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f258/thes-engines-need-vacuum-all-time-485898/

Interesting. There's so many people saying venting to atmosphere is fine, but DCR is saying it needs vacuum. Well, this probably isn't the best thread to continue this conversation but anyone who sees it should definitely research what DCR said.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Nice.

It can either be plumbed into the intake or vent directly to atmosphere.
I know lots of people have done this in the past, myself included, but wasn't this determined to be incorrect? The engine must be under vacuum at all times. Out of boost, the manifold pulls through the PCV to maintain negative pressure. Under boost, the manifold has positive pressure, so the vacuum must come from somewhere else. That somewhere else is the port on the driver's side valve cover, which is connected to the stock airbox or aftermarket intake nipple. When under boost, the turbo is sucking enough air to lower the pressure in the airbox or intake tubing, thus pulling through this port on the valve cover.

Many threads over the years have mentioned issues with oil control, seals, and even loss of power when eliminating this source of vacuum under boost. A catch can and/or check valve in the path is fine, but this nipple should be connected to the one on your aftermarket intake. After all, there's a reason they put it there.

Edit: ah, looks like you found some posts as well

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice.

I know lots of people have done this in the past, myself included, but wasn't this determined to be incorrect? The engine must be under vacuum at all times. Out of boost, the manifold pulls through the PCV to maintain negative pressure. Under boost, the manifold has positive pressure, so the vacuum must come from somewhere else. That somewhere else is the port on the driver's side valve cover, which is connected to the stock airbox or aftermarket intake nipple. When under boost, the turbo is sucking enough air to lower the pressure in the airbox or intake tubing, thus pulling through this port on the valve cover.

Many threads over the years have mentioned issues with oil control, seals, and even loss of power when eliminating this source of vacuum under boost. A catch can and/or check valve in the path is fine, but this nipple should be connected to the one on your aftermarket intake. After all, there's a reason they put it there.

Edit: ah, looks like you found some posts as well
^

Looks like I have some replumbing to do. Thanks Jeremy. :)

7341 - 7360 of 7364 Posts
About this Discussion
7.4K Replies
1K Participants
lVlemphizStylez
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing