Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm in the process of making a wiring harness for my car and was wondering If I could possibly use my turbo toys to control any aspects of AEM EMS? Like would it be be possible to use the HOM to bring up a race gas map and have it automatically go back to a normal if the knoc threshold is met? Same for DAB can I use the voltages to bring different boost maps? I was even thinking of maybe using the sprayer button to control nitrous or meth injection? Has anyone tried this? Is this even possible?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
It is possible to do this but the auto switch over isn't a function within the EMS. Unfortunately the SRT manual does not cover the "Toys" so I can not find where they exactly wire into the PCM/EMS. You would have to backprobe the connectors to see if it is a "dumb" switch or if the Toys sends a signal to the PCI bus. If it is a dumb switch then you can set it to anything you want. I highly doubt it will be worth anything if it uses the PCI bus. Easiest thing to do is open AEM PRO and monitor the inputs. Flip the toys switch a few time and see if anything changes.

I run the secondary map from a toggle switch to my W/I kit. When the kit is armed I am using my nitrous map. When the water bottle is empty the W/I kit disables the signal to the EMS and it goes back to the regular map. I can configure my display to tell if I am on the regular or nitrous map so I don't have to look at the status LED.

Here is my setup tucked in the center console bucket:

The phone jack is for my wideband gauge, the toggle and green led is for the W/I kit, and the button and red led is for the LC1 wideband. The wideband gauge is wrapped in the paper towel below (now in an airplane size crown royal bag).

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I had my ems set up with two different Maps that I could switch back and forth. My toggle switch was in the small cubby under the radio in the very back.

One map was pump 93 and flip the switch and it was for c16.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had my ems set up with two different Maps that I could switch back and forth. My toggle switch was in the small cubby under the radio in the very back.

One map was pump 93 and flip the switch and it was for c16.
I'll play dumb here for a second...how did you accomplish this? Don't mean to thread jack!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
run it on the NOS map..Install a switch to switch map.

I didn't do it so I have no clue but can verify that it worked. When the car was tuned by the precious owned he had it tuned that way.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Yup! The EMS has the ability to run two different fuel and spark maps (normal and nitrous). All you have to do is enable an unused input to act as the toggle to switch the maps. I have mine hooked up to my W/I controller "boost safe" output. When the W/I system is in "boost safe" mode the signal line is grounded (system not armed, fault, or out of water). When not in "boost safe" mode the signal line gets +12V. So in my case when the signal is ground I am in normal mode, and when the line is +12V I am on my NOS map.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I Should be able to use the Nitrous map with the HOM switch then? No possible way to have auto switch back to normail if too much knock is detected? How about for boost, any way to have multiple boost maps? Or maybe with one of the newer EMS? Or maybe I should just read the AEM EMS manual lol

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
So I Should be able to use the Nitrous map with the HOM switch then? No possible way to have auto switch back to normail if too much knock is detected? How about for boost, any way to have multiple boost maps? Or maybe with one of the newer EMS? Or maybe I should just read the AEM EMS manual lol

I have no clue what the toys switch plugs in to. I'd open the inputs section and monitor them while moving the switches and see if any of them change.

You have two timing and fuel maps. You can switch between them by using a nitrous switch. The input can be assigned to any discrete input to the EMS.

The same is true for boost, but I believe that all you can change is the boost target. Like switch off = 15 psi and switch on = 20 psi. I don't run boost control from the EMS so I can't be 100% sure. I could regurgitate the manual but how would that help you? I'd suggest to dig in the manual and ask questions to parameters that you find unclear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
atroph
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing