Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Been looking around here for similar stories to mine and haven't found any. Maybe ya'll can help me. The car's an 05, S0, (11,000 miles) with only an intake/hardpipes+bov/catchcan. I've noticed that when i try to check my engine oil level it's damn near impossible because oil has saturated the dip stick more than halfway up the entire stick. With the engine idleing i can pull the dipstick out and feel air blowing out the dipstick hole in puffs. If you stick your ear up to it you can hear oil spitting and sputtering. I've changed the PCV valve however when i checked the previous PCV valve it passed visual and functional tests. I replaced it anyways to be certain, but it still does it. I know this can't be normal because i can't even check my oil level, even after it's sat for a day or two. It idles just fine without any rough idle issues or anything. I would just like to know whats up. With only 11k miles i would doubt the rings are bad.

·
Registered
557 Posts
U Know Your Supposed To Check The Iol When The Car Is Off Right.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
have u checked for blow by???? wats the oil level on the dip stick after ur has been sittin turned off??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JdM2UsDm said:
have u checked for blow by???? wats the oil level on the dip stick after ur has been sittin turned off??
I've just not gotten a good oil level reading after cleaning out the dipstick passage. After only 1900 miles since i've last changed my oil (5 qts), the level on the stick i less than half :ben:

Even after the car's been sitting after a while i still couldn't get a clear reading due to oil being blown up through the dipsick tube. So even after sitting the entire stick is still saturated.

Rings are good because i still have strong vaccum at idle 19-20.

PCV is not clogged neither is the PCV intake. I do have alot of oil saturation on my pcv breather filter.

·
Registered
557 Posts
sorry if that came out wrong, wasnt tryin 2 b mean or smart ass. its jus that what your sayin doesnt make sense. with the engine off the oil pump isnt pumping so the oil should drain back down 2 the pan to get a good level reading. also check oil for a watery look to it( parcially blown head gasket)

·
Registered
557 Posts
oh yah, try a compression test too if you can. if its puffin out the d.stick tube your probly loosin pressure somewhere. good luck:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts