Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to whether porting the horn on the stock throttle body would be worth it or not. I am having some port work done to my car, and saw that someone in the Canadian forum ported their stock TB, but was curious to see if there were any real gains from it.

Opinions welcome!

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
I noticed a big difference when I put on my DCR ported TB. Throttle response changed so much, I had to pay closer attention to it when shifting and launching for the first week or so... :lol:

It's a good mod, and completely stealth which I why I enjoy it so much. I belive DCR rated it for 500Hp..... so that should tell you something about it.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
Murano said:
Hmm how is the DCR TB ported? Just the horn or is there more involved?
well here are some pictures to help you out...

Stock TB, Notice taper, and that plastic piece taking up all kinds space and messing with flow I imagine..

TB after DCR ports it and welds in NEW plate.

stock left, DCR right

the plate is actually welded on so it cant come loose.

there are other shops that do great work as well, I just happened to go with DCR for various reasons.
hope that helps some.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
nice pics. Where do you order those from?
& what is the diameter of it after the porting? Also, do they install new o'rings & stuff, too or just port & change the plate?

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
DCR ports it out and then replaces the plate. They also weld the bolts in and then clean it up all purdy like.
The stock sensors just get put back in just like how they came out of the old one, and you use the OEM gasket and thats it.

Like I said though, this made a HUGE difference in throttle response without the heavy throttle you get with some other TB's and is completely undetectable to even teh trained eye..

If you want one just PM Matt in the DCR vendor section.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
any page that has detailed info on it? Price? (btw - thanks for all the info)
I still would like to know the diameter of it after the porting. (including any bottlenecks that might be left in)

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
DSMDirkah said:
"So you want a great bored TB but you dont want everyone and their brother to know?? We have just what you need.. The DCR 55mm bored TB.. Darrell Cox takes a stock TB, bores it out to specs and installs a DCR Throttle blade.. "Bigger is NOT neccisarilly better" says Mr.Cox .. The best part of this mod is the price... $125 for the tb and $20 for the spacer.. Thats it! We do want a core back but.... As long as you PROMISE to send yours back within 30 days we will not charge you... Now how many vendors will allow you to do that?? Just know that if we do not get cores back you will be screwing your SRT brother because we will not be able to have these pre-made..."
here you go, about 8 pages of people talking about it.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210541

I figured you would have already put a bigger TB on that beast of yours ATL :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Yeah, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. I love my DCR bored TB/spacer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
shit then man, this is pretty affordable and will make HUGE difference in your car with the boost you are running.

They are usually proportional to the amount of power you have. You will see a very very nice gain. Plus Matt (DSMDirkah) is great to deal with. Also agree with his ^^^ statement :lol:

·
Banned
8,964 Posts
i got mine for my big turbo and the car is so much better in response and top end . 30tq in the mid range 19hp more to redline. i got the 3 combo (manifold throttle body and spacer 55mm).

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
reed32 said:
i got mine for my big turbo and the car is so much better in response and top end . 30tq in the mid range 19hp more to redline. i got the 3 combo (manifold throttle body and spacer 55mm).
what turbo & what boost levels?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts