Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone local is looking to sell a FBM ported ceramic coated one, wondering how anyone whos had it done on stock manifold felt, or if its worth it over maybe going with a 3" o2 right now as which to buy first in my case.

In any case it would push me to get a new exh. mani. and external gate set up if i did go with it...

any input is appreciated, TIA:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
im waiting on mine from fully built right now, you pretty much have to have a 3" O2 housing to see any good gains i was told. also depending on what other supporting mods you have you can look go gain up to 30hp with the ported manifold and O2 housing.
if you plan on going stg3 or big turbo anytime soon i wouldnt waste the money but if you want to keep your stocker or cant afford a larger turbo this is the way to go. maybe look into the ptp sst also, if i could afford the sst i would have one

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i plan on using the bottle with the stocker, so i guess this with a 3" o2 would be a good move, thanks man

·
Banned
917 Posts
use the money for the turbo towards the 02housing or a ported manifold

the ported turbo does jack shit

·
Registered
641 Posts
christian! said:
use the money for the turbo towards the 02housing or a ported manifold

the ported turbo does jack shit

I completely agree with this statement...almost!

Using the money towards an o2 housing and ported exhaust manifold should be your first step as you will see better gains that route then with the stock 02, mani and ported turbo.
After that is done then i would get an E1 or SST moded stocker! They aren't just ported though!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
ported turbo good for about 1 hp = not worth it.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
projectNEON said:
Agreed.
Not a big fan of 3" o2 housings though, becuase of the nearly equally as bad 2-5hp increase.

Note:
1) Any exhaust manifold that DOES NOT port the area DIRECTLY behind the turbine is imo, a POS.
2) CERAMIC COATING THE STOCK MANIFOLD HURTS PERFORMANCE, NOT HELPS IT

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
duster360 said:
projectNEON said:
Agreed.
Not a big fan of 3" o2 housings though, becuase of the nearly equally as bad 2-5hp increase.

Note:
1) Any exhaust manifold that DOES NOT port the area DIRECTLY behind the turbine is imo, a POS.
I just installed a 3 inch 02 and an exhaust manifold thats ported only on the 02 housing side.

I noticed some very nice gains. Definately more than 2-5 whp. I'll be hitting the dyno tomorrow morning at 10:00 am and will post the results.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
98turboteg said:
duster360 said:
projectNEON said:
Agreed.

Note:
I just installed a 3 inch 02 and an exhaust manifold thats ported only on the 02 housing side.

I noticed some very nice gains. Definately more than 2-5 whp. I'll be hitting the dyno tomorrow morning at 10:00 am and will post the results.

please do,

and anyone else on the ceramic coating hurting performance??

i plan on picking the turbo and manifold fully ported by FBM off a local this week...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts