Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
canadian_made_srt-4 said:
is the butterfly the same size?
Yes it is the same size. I'd a nightmare years back doing my own TB/butterfly on a V8. It just wouldn't seal very well and not till my third sets that it would finally sealed properly. But that TB has 3 butterflies - two 63mm and one 22mm.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
jjo said:
The man's got skillz ! :eyebrow:
Thanks. :eveilgrin
Like I said, it's not perfect 'show' quality but it is shiny and smooth. It would have been better if I had a cnc machine at my disposal? :thumbsup: :eveilgrin

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I think I know who its for :eveilgrin

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
NICE!

didja use a lathe (sp?) to bore it?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
bluert said:
You do??? :eveilgrin
Btw, did you receive a pm about this coming week? :eveilgrin
I did sir. It'll be a game time decision because I have to take the car in for a new oil pan drain plug. Whoever did it at the dealer (I know who did it, and Im not going to name names), decided it would be more efficient for them to use an air gun on the bolt :stab: . Needless to say, the bolt is stripped. If the oil pan threads are done, someone is going to get a shot in the head.

I'll talk to you this week.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
White_Zzzzz said:
I did sir. It'll be a game time decision because I have to take the car in for a new oil pan drain plug. Whoever did it at the dealer (I know who did it, and Im not going to name names), decided it would be more efficient for them to use an air gun on the bolt :stab: . Needless to say, the bolt is stripped. If the oil pan threads are done, someone is going to get a shot in the head.

I'll talk to you this week.

I think this is quite common where they/shop uses an air gun for EVERYTHING. :stab: Whether it's just 1ft/lb or 200ft/lb. A total disregards for proper torque specs. :flame:
If worse come to worse, you can get someone to build the hole with aluminum and retapped or weld an aluminum nut/bung in its place. That may work? Good luck.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
bluert said:
I think this is quite common where they/shop uses an air gun for EVERYTHING. :stab: Whether it's just 1ft/lb or 200ft/lb. A total disregards for proper torque specs. :flame:
If worse come to worse, you can get someone to build the hole with aluminum and retapped or weld an aluminum nut/bung in its place. That may work? Good luck.
Nah. If anything I'll tap the guys head. That'll feel MUCH better :D

Serves me right for having my car serviced at the dealer. Oh well. Live and learn I guess.

Thanks for the help. Talk to you soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts