Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has experience with this head is it worth it. its not super expensive like others heads Out there so I am attracted to it for the price. I’m running a Borg Warner big turbo kit on my car but I want more power lol. I want as much power as I can get I’m probly going to upgrade my turbo out to a S257 fmw Here in the future. how much power can I expect out of a head, what about others heads.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
While i dont have personal experience with their head, i know there are tons of people who have run it with great success. Our stock heads do no flow very well. It is a huge limiter on the power these cars can make.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While i dont have personal experience with their head, i know there are tons of people who have run it with great success. Our stock heads do no flow very well. It is a huge limiter on the power these cars can make.
That’s good to hear. I’ve heard the stock head is restrictive at a Certain point. dcr Wants alot for his heads so moderns head is what I’m going to get. make it a summer project to Finish up modding the engine out by fall.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don’t know anything about dcr heads Are they better? He certainly wants enough for them

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
I don’t know anything about dcr heads Are they better? He certainly wants enough for them
Here is how i feel about this type of thing, and i know not everyone would agree with me.

I'll give you an analogy.

1. I go to walmart and buy a nice shirt for $30
  2. i then go to Target and buy a nice shirt for $45
  3. And lastly, i go to a Ralph Lauren store and buy a nice shirt for $95
Which one i better? Which one is a better deal? All 3 shirts solve the problem of exposed nipples, but does one do the job better than the others?
The Ralph Lauren shirt probably has "top-of-the-line" materials and you get that warm fuzzy feeling for getting that high class brand, but does it do it's job any better? My honest answer... maybe only slightly. Certainly not enough better to justify 3X the price of the walmart shirt.

At the end of the day all these companies selling modded cylinder heads are all starting with the same piece of metal and mending it the best way they see fit. While most of us would benefit from any of the options, most of us will never max out any of them either. While i'd like to be able to say i have a DCR built motor, i never will because i cannot justify the cost. I can make plenty of power for way less using other options on the market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts