Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
mine does the sam thing but i found out that if i down shift to third, if i rev it up before releasing the clutch it doesnt pop out, not high just like 3000 but mine dont grind (yet) or pop out if i go 2 to 3rd
Sorry to tell you this....but you will start having the same problems that we all have. Its just a matter of time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
well that sucks, i never thought this would be a common problem.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
well that sucks, i never thought this would be a common problem.
it is:stab:

at 30k i had the 3/4 fork, 3rd gear, 4th gear, 3rd syncro replaced by dealer and now im at 60k and i started having trouble downshifting into third (pops out)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
im at 56k and i doubt mine has been replaced before. how much would it cost to take it to the dealer to get all that fixed? :eeeek:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sorry to tell you this....but you will start having the same problems that we all have. Its just a matter of time.
I disagree.. I got my car '04 with 42k on it and it started popping out of 3rd almost immediately after I got it, it now has 67k on it and its still popping out. The thing is, it NEVER grinds when it pops out, and it doesn't pop out all the time. If i rev it like to like 3k it will stay in. So I'm just dealing with it till I do my clutch. I'm pretty sure that its the fork tho.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I disagree.. I got my car '04 with 42k on it and it started popping out of 3rd almost immediately after I got it, it now has 67k on it and its still popping out. The thing is, it NEVER grinds when it pops out, and it doesn't pop out all the time. If i rev it like to like 3k it will stay in. So I'm just dealing with it till I do my clutch. I'm pretty sure that its the fork tho.
Wow...you are pretty lucky my friend! When mine started popping out it took a week til it started grinding. When it started grinding I completely stopped using 3rd....well I did until this trash talking piece wanted to race. So if I had to guess how many shifts into 3rd I had until it became completely useless, Id say about 10!

This is a very common problem, but almost every single time, if the person replaced the fork in the early stages the problem went away and there were no lasting circumstances. I hope you get yours fixed before you need a gear, synchro, and fork like I did.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
you should buy pwerks 3rd gear extender......and then post results:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
i want to try the 3rd gear extender but i wanna fix whatevers wrong first. what would be the best way to go about getting this fixed right for the cheapest way possible?

·
SRTforums Member
1,048 Posts
it is:stab:

at 30k i had the 3/4 fork, 3rd gear, 4th gear, 3rd syncro replaced by dealer and now im at 60k and i started having trouble downshifting into third (pops out)
x2. I'm having the same issues too and I'm also at 60,200 miles on my car. I'm having the entire trans rebuilt with better parts when I get my clutch installed. My 3rd gear issues are only when downshifting from 5th or 4th to 3rd but never 2nd to 3rd. I first noticed the issues around 50K. I can't afford to have my car down so I have to wait until April to get it all done so I can drive my other car to work.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
The more 3rd gear issues I read, the more I think that my situation is rare. I might get that piece, the bummer thing is I have no where to install it. I live in an apt. :stab:
its not hard to install the extender its similar to replacing the shift selector, you dont have to remove the transmission or jack the car up.

you just need some basic tools and a punch

·
Registered
201 Posts
i may be the test dummy lol i have been driven my car so it happen to me like three or 4 times.. i was thinkin it was them no lift shifts on nos:eveilgrin. maybe this ptp part will fix mine

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this post is old but im at 200k miles n this hhappened for the first time lol to me at least previous owner said he never had issues with trans so idk maybe luck or he might b bullshittin but yup time to replace forks

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
I know this post is old but im at 200k miles n this hhappened for the first time lol to me at least previous owner said he never had issues with trans so idk maybe luck or he might b bullshittin but yup time to replace forks
Just an FYI if you go looking to order a 3/4 shift fork from real tune (the only brand i would consider) they should have some in stock right now. I ordered one like 2 weeks ago and it is just now supposed to ship out this week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just an FYI if you go looking to order a 3/4 shift fork from real tune (the only brand i would consider) they should have some in stock right now. I ordered one like 2 weeks ago and it is just now supposed to ship out this week.
What are they goin for price wise

21 - 37 of 37 Posts