Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im in the middle of a stage3 that i that i have now or a agp 50trim...
*in my stage3 right now im alittle over 400whp...
*i want to go 50trim but i dont...please help me..DONT KNOW WHAT TO GO WITH....thanks for the guys that will help me...:eeeek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,329 Posts
keep the S3R... big turbo's are such tuning nightmares you don't even see the full side of it on ANY boards... keep the s3r... if your already at over 400hp on the S3R then all your going to get is the same power or a little more and definately A LOT more lag with the 50 trim... if your over 400hp now with no traction... whats the point of adding more power and spinning even harder and coming that much closer to blowing your motor (assuming its stock internals)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
lemme know if your looking to sell your s3r
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,191 Posts
It's always funny to see the stage3 nutswingers.


In all reality, the maintenence is about the same. Other than the 50 trim which you spend 30 minutes on the freeway tuning... at the beginning of summer and winter.

When you go over 400whp... or anything over 350whp.. the maintenence changes... whether or not you're stage3.. or GIGANTIC OMG TUNING NIGHTMARE TURBO.

To be honest.. Most people here tune their big turbo setup once.. and run it all year. Hell most people here are still running the base map that AGP sends out with their DTEC install.

Most of the people who own a stage3 setup and advocate it because "You don't have to tune" probably have never owned a big turbo... Or never had many friends who kept up with the maintenance of their car with more power. Hence they get this bullshit idea that big turbo is this HUGE thing.. and causes so much drama.

Please, if you don't know wtf you're talking about. SHUT THE FUCK UP. Stop spreading FUD about big turbos. You only make yourself look like a retard when you spout off about shit you don't know. (This car, and forum seems to bring the best out of you guys who like to prove how dumb you are.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,191 Posts
19 psi said:
i like how the S3 nutswingers always smoke the 50 trim nutswingers


:jester: :rolleyes:


I like how the majority of the s3 beating bigger turbo vids are s3 with a good number of boltons vers a big turbo that's not tuned, or has the inabillity to run higher boost. (ie: in the compressor's efficiency range).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Traction Issuez said:
Perhaps another option might be to take your S3 wheel to DCR and get their twin kit with one regular wheel and one S3 wheel.
issuez
is that what he dose???i was thinkin to make a new manafold for this turbo...but its alittle hard...maybe a twin turbo s3...dont know..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,241 Posts
hes gona get alot of lag with a 50 trim.. your hitting boost at 2800 cause yours is DBB.. a regular 50 trim has alot of lag..

im with evilboy on this one i was going to say the same thing he did lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
Just stay with your S3r. You already have over 400hp...what's the point in spending the cash on a 50trim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,191 Posts
Jmhm17 said:
hes gona get alot of lag with a 50 trim.. your hitting boost at 2800 cause yours is DBB.. a regular 50 trim has alot of lag..

im with evilboy on this one i was going to say the same thing he did lol

A lot of lag?

50s usually hit full boost around 34-3500rpms.... if he has headwork that goes down a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,145 Posts
KeyboardCommando said:
keep the S3R... big turbo's are such tuning nightmares you don't even see the full side of it on ANY boards.
LOL. Its only a nightmare if you dont know what you are doing. :stab:


whats the point of adding more power and spinning even harder and coming that much closer to blowing your motor (assuming its stock internals)...
listen to him on that part. He knows what he is talking about :readclose :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,145 Posts
eviilboy said:
It's always funny to see the stage3 nutswingers.


In all reality, the maintenence is about the same. Other than the 50 trim which you spend 30 minutes on the freeway tuning... at the beginning of summer and winter.

When you go over 400whp... or anything over 350whp.. the maintenence changes... whether or not you're stage3.. or GIGANTIC OMG TUNING NIGHTMARE TURBO.

To be honest.. Most people here tune their big turbo setup once.. and run it all year. Hell most people here are still running the base map that AGP sends out with their DTEC install.

Most of the people who own a stage3 setup and advocate it because "You don't have to tune" probably have never owned a big turbo... Or never had many friends who kept up with the maintenance of their car with more power. Hence they get this bullshit idea that big turbo is this HUGE thing.. and causes so much drama.

Please, if you don't know wtf you're talking about. SHUT THE FUCK UP. Stop spreading FUD about big turbos. You only make yourself look like a retard when you spout off about shit you don't know. (This car, and forum seems to bring the best out of you guys who like to prove how dumb you are.)
Im glad someone gets it. :thumbsup:

If you already have S3, just keep it. No sense rebuying your entire turbo kit to get a few more ponies. Thats why its a good idea to decide before your VISA does. :thumbsup:
Besides, unless you were going to buy the dbb50 you probably wouldnt like it anyway. Not with the spool you are used to now with S3.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top