Poll: ''Have the hurricanes caused you to reconsider living in Florida?''

• Yes

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 71.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,019 Posts
stupid people...pardon me while I rant...

If you hate florida so much LEAVE!! I know myself along with so many Floridians would be happy to give you directions.

So you hate hurricanes huh? 'oh florida sucks because of the hurricanes' Well lets see where you can go...

California is nice isn't it? And smog is easy to get used to. Hey those fires from drought conditions are nothing at all. Oh and earthquakes...isn't california due? oh who cares, you get oh so much warning when earthquakes are coming.

So much for that...how about the pacific northwest?! oooh thats lovely...of course it rains 300 days a year...and didn't I hear Mt. St. Helen's rumbling again? Oh wait, they are on a fault too...yeah those pesky earthquakes again.

Ok...the midwest. no oceans for miles, no fault lines. Oh but wait...doesn't it get windy there? Yeha someone named dorothy I believe had something to say about it. oh yeah and btw...isn't the midwest one big drainage watershed? oh my...that means floods.

So much for the western half of the country....

SE is out..you hate hurricanes.

so that leaves the NE. Yeah those nor'easters are nothing at all. and who's ever been "devistated" by a blizzard? hey thats snow, we love snow! being trapped in a house with no power and cold is so much better than no a/c.

So you know what...hey look it sucks everywhere. So you know what...pick your acceptable weather/disaster and move...OR SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU WHINEY BASTARDS.

thank you...

C

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SRT-4 Neon said:

If you hate florida so much LEAVE!! I know myself along with so many Floridians would be happy to give you directions.

So you hate hurricanes huh? 'oh florida sucks because of the hurricanes' Well lets see where you can go...

California is nice isn't it? And smog is easy to get used to. Hey those fires from drought conditions are nothing at all. Oh and earthquakes...isn't california due? oh who cares, you get oh so much warning when earthquakes are coming.

So much for that...how about the pacific northwest?! oooh thats lovely...of course it rains 300 days a year...and didn't I hear Mt. St. Helen's rumbling again? Oh wait, they are on a fault too...yeah those pesky earthquakes again.

Ok...the midwest. no oceans for miles, no fault lines. Oh but wait...doesn't it get windy there? Yeha someone named dorothy I believe had something to say about it. oh yeah and btw...isn't the midwest one big drainage watershed? oh my...that means floods.

so that leaves the NE. Yeah those nor'easters are nothing at all. and who's ever been "devistated" by a blizzard? hey thats snow, we love snow! being trapped in a house with no power and cold is so much better than no a/c.

So you know what...hey look it sucks everywhere. So you know what...pick your acceptable weather/disaster and move...OR SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU WHINEY BASTARDS.

thank you...

C
totally agree, I guess you must be feeling better now :lol:

· Registered
642 Posts
yeah i think people are missing the fact that there haven't been this many hurricanes in a year for one state in like 100 years.

but where's the part on the poll where you didn't want to move in the first place but your parents made you?

· Registered
21 Posts
U know it's not really florida i hate, it's more like i hate South FLorida in particular..In 5 years houses will go for 1 million dollras a piece. Cars will be useless on the street(like Ny) and there will be soo many people living ehre that if you fart in kendall people in Hiealeah will be talking about it 3 days later.

I'm not one to bash ive lived here many years now. But i just think people glorify this shit hole way too much. Now don't get me wrong. Miami is a great place, if your filthy rich..

i mean a ncie house at the grove or by hte sea, a nice big boat, a big-ass garage with plenty of cars inside, perfect weather to own a harley and drive around. Beutifull women walking around half naked. the envy of the other 47 states.

But i work plenty hard day in and day out like the rest of us here i'm sure. And it kills me to know that everything is soo much more expensive here than anywere else...adn for what? really? A beach, no one uses as much as tehy would want too? nice weather but not enough free time to spend outdoors? Our Turbo SRT's that hate the hot weather as much as we do?

i don't know but i think i need to move a few miles north from here, maybe orlando maybe higher than that..maybe another state..

· Registered
1,852 Posts
Hurricanes are probably the best natural disaster you could ask for because they can be predictated and forecasted. Of course they can't say "exactly" where it's going to go, but at least you know something is out there and "possibly" heading your way.

Better than Earthquakes and Tornado's in my opinion

Even though we got hit a lot this year, it has been a long time since we have had any. And getting 4-5 in one year is damn rare.

Now I am not a cold hearted bastard, I realize a lot of people lost their homes and are struggling right now. But f**k from all the tv coverage you would think Florida has nothing but f**king mobile homes. What do those people expect? I mean sure they are inexpensive and some can look real nice, I almost bought one (a nice one) but I noticed that if you slam the door the f**ker rocks. I wouldn't even think about having one down here.

I have seen some of them suffer severe damage from a bad thunderstorm.

but the medai makes it look like Florida is now a wasteland of wreckage.

· Registered
11,152 Posts
Hurricanes are overrated as far as how often it makes land fall. I went to cow-ledge here them moved down. IN the 10 years i can probly think of 3 hurricanes that made land fall here? Not including the ones from this past month.

Ill take it over an earhquake anyday. It would be great of the people would move out, less traffic.

· Premium Member
16,989 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Hurricanes are overrated as far as how often it makes land fall. I went to cow-ledge here them moved down. IN the 10 years i can probly think of 3 hurricanes that made land fall here? Not including the ones from this past month.

Ill take it over an earhquake anyday. It would be great of the people would move out, less traffic.
Got agree with hec.

I am Not moving out of florida.. with hurricanse at least I got warning over the people living on the great plains with tornadoes or over california with earthquakes, mud slides and massive fires that make the everglades fires seem like sissy fires, volcanoes on the northern countries, major blizzards.

· Registered
4,354 Posts
I've been here 23 years. Have never seen anything like this and will probally never see it again. Florida is a cool place to live and I've been to a few places.

· Registered
1,579 Posts
SRT-4 Neon said:

thank you...

C
We aren't the only ones due for an earthquake. Ask a geology teacher.
:grimrippe

· Registered
193 Posts
I'd love for ya'll to move out maybe then I can afford a decent house. But i have been here since 76 and can count on 1 hand the hurricanes i remember. David, Andrew, Irene, Frances, and Jeanne. 5 in almost 20 years is good record especially when 2 were weak ass hurricanes and andrew was a bit south of me. That leaves 2, course they happen to occur within the same month but I'm not counting or anything. We are very lucky to live in such a beatiful place, a place where you can play 365 a year. So we have a few hiccups once in a while. Get over it move on, or as they said above move OUT. For those that lost, i'm truely sorry for your lose. But to all those cry babies out there Get the F OUT.

· Registered
13,522 Posts
dont live on the coast or in flood areas.

many inland homes in areas that met above criteria, and that met today's wind strength codes are ok. now your tree or neighbor's tree fell on your house...oh well.

as far as i can see, most places that had floods, there is ample city/county info saying that they have considerably higher flood risk than other areas. if you live on a beach or near canals...you know what will happen. that's anywhere in the world. should be no suprises.

best wishes.

· Registered
1,579 Posts
ayat108 said:
dont live on the coast or in flood areas.

many inland homes in areas that met above criteria, and that met today's wind strength codes are ok. now your tree or neighbor's tree fell on your house...oh well.

as far as i can see, most places that had floods, there is ample city/county info saying that they have considerably higher flood risk than other areas. if you live on a beach or near canals...you know what will happen. that's anywhere in the world. should be no suprises.

best wishes.
\

:werd: Living on a beach on any coast will have occasional probs. East coast will have hurricanes while we get mudslides. :ninja:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.