Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..Guess it's my turn turn w this PO340 code issue. . So what's the word on best fixes for this..

Car runs although 1st gears a little weird...

·
Registered
2005 Neon SRT4
23 Posts
Must be something in the air? Got this code on Tuesday and just ordered a new sensor on RockAuto. I went with the $60 replacement, but wonder if I would have been fine with the $11 one...

Saw some threads on here suggesting that it could basically just be cable/wire management.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
could be on the fritz and on its way out... New OEM Mopar Cam Sensor and Magnet always fixed that code for me. sensor/magnet seems to go out around 100k or so. don't buy aftermarket one they tend to not last long. had a buddy get the one at autozone due to lifetime warranty and the code kept coming back after a couple thousand miles. he replaced it 3 times then, got the code again and went with mopar, no issues after that,

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could be on the fritz and on its way out... New OEM Mopar Cam Sensor and Magnet always fixed that code for me. sensor/magnet seems to go out around 100k or so. don't buy aftermarket one they tend to not last long. had a buddy get the one at autozone due to lifetime warranty and the code kept coming back after a couple thousand miles. he replaced it 3 times then, got the code again and went with mopar, no issues after that,
..have heard anything about the DCR version..?

·
Registered
2005 Neon SRT4
23 Posts
Ok. Thanks, So cam sensor / magnet is one part? .. Wasn't sure ..Mines got 135,000 miles on her
Two, separate parts. I accidentally ordered just the sensor (Camshaft Position Sensor). Magnet is the "Camshaft Position Sensor Interrupter." I ordered the Mopar Sensor.

I dno if it's worth replacing both, but most people seem to suggest that you do. I'm going to crank it up tonight and see how it goes.

Very easy install, but I suggest removing the air intake if it's easy for you (I didn't).

Video:

PS
I dno anything about the DCR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.