Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you guys putting the sensor for the wideband. In the instructions it says to put at least 24 inches after turbo so that it will not get to hot and fail. I have an ATP 3 inch down pipe w/ cat so there is no way i can put it at least 24 inches from the turbo that would be after the cat and it says also not to do that. Is it possible to just replace the first sensor a with the wideband i could care less about a service engine light?

·
Registered
502 Posts
blue04soon said:
Where are you guys putting the sensor for the wideband. In the instructions it says to put at least 24 inches after turbo so that it will not get to hot and fail. I have an ATP 3 inch down pipe w/ cat so there is no way i can put it at least 24 inches from the turbo that would be after the cat and it says also not to do that. Is it possible to just replace the first sensor a with the wideband i could care less about a service engine light?

You need to leave the stock sensors in, you'll get more then just a CEL, it will run like crap.
I have the MPx 3" turbo back with cat and I installed mine right before the cat as close to it as I could.
I took the down pipe out and drilled a hole, then I took it to my local muffler shop to have the bung/fitting welded in. They only charged me $20 including the bung/fitting. The stock sensor by the turbo is way to close anyway, but if you put it as close to the cat as possible you should be fine! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
782 Posts
On a dyno they stick a Sniffer in the tail pipe and that is Very accurate, yet it uses the Same 5wire O2 as most real wideband. So I would have to say that as long as its fully in the exhaust stream and right after the cat, you should be fine. Mine is in the 2nd o2 hole and I get 14.7 at idle with stock injectors. So I know mine was registering verytually perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.