1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

and when I took off the intercooler hose, this is how much dumped out:wah?!:

and on another note...

am i missing any botls here??

where could the oil be leaking from....its too hard to tell without taking everything in the engine bay out...

If Im missing those 2 bolts, does anyone know what size they are?

thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
SRT's build up oil in the pipes all the time with out a Catch can.

Search it on here, you can find cheap homemade ones and expensive bling ones if you want. They all do the samet hing.

Yeah, your missing nuts on the rst of the IC piping.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Looks more like you need two nuts instead of bolts. Just measure the thread on the stud for the right size nut.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I made a post about those bolts earlier... you should have been paying attention I headed it: WARNING ALL SRT-4 OWNERS. lol anyway yea thats normal you need a catch can if you wanna rid that and I put smaller sized nuts on the threading so it doesn't come off again!

PS check your turbo inlet piping since it was saging it's probly on the verge of a leak.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
But, the SRT-4 doesn't "need" a catch can. The Dodge engineer's said so. ;) :rofl:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yup, you need to nuts and and a catch can...while your at it get some T-bolt clamps and change all your clamps on your piping

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corners said:
But, the SRT-4 doesn't "need" a catch can. The Dodge engineer's said so. ;) :rofl:
thats what i was thinking.......anyway, now that I think about it, my wrx always had oil build up at the turbo inlet and that car made it to 85k with no engine problems.

i guess all turbo'd cars are "designed" to leak oil:rofl: it just doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
it's normal, the oil is from your pcv valve .. drips down the intake manifold and from there into your charged air hose..

if you think that is scary take off your intercooler and see how much is inside of that !! :)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did....i was in the process of intalling the ed direct fit IC...i took off the hose and oil started dripping out. Im thinking about the jmb catch can...looks like a well built piece.

car has 5000 miles on it. So, dealer would do nothing to fix this? Is the only "fix" a catch can?

thanks

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
csufdrew said:
i did....i was in the process of intalling the ed direct fit IC...i took off the hose and oil started dripping out. Im thinking about the jmb catch can...looks like a well built piece.

car has 5000 miles on it. So, dealer would do nothing to fix this? Is the only "fix" a catch can?

thanks
Your other option would be to take off your turbo so your no longer forcing air into your motor , the only place for the oil to go is out the pcv valve or your headgasket :thumbsup:

either buy a catch can or if you don't feel like spending the money build one.. they can be had for under $20 ... do a search and look for home made catch cans i'm too tired and lazy to do it now ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts