Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
these things are incredible! went down friday and had them put on by mike. took the car out for a drive after the install and noticed a difference right away. i had just gotten my 50 trim on, and even with cold/all season tires, no trouble in the third gear pull. soon after pulled up nex to a mustang gt, light turned green, took off and pulled bus length's on this dude. even from a dig. i was very impressed after this, but even more on the ride home. the front of the car feels way more stable then it did as i had removed my crash bar for the ic. also, i'm lowered with just springs, car rode terrible, felt every bump, so bad the interior would rattle hitting some bumps. drove home and the bumps now feel like i'm riding in a car with thousands into the suspension. cant wait to go to the track and see what i put down. this is by far my favorite mod on the car so far. even with a 50 trim. thanks guys!

oh and mike you might wanna check your drawers after that one...:wah?!: :thumbsup: :rofl:

·
Registered
267 Posts
bwoody is the best

I travelled down to bwoody to have them put on my h-brace/traction bars/tranny mount, and all I can say is :clap: . Gregg and Mike are the best! Mike spent a lot of time to get everything right. The on center feel is great, and the whole front end seems so much tighter. I even have more feel in the steering wheel during curves. You can't go wrong with these guys. :thumbsup:
The tranny mount really didn't add vibration, it just feels and sounds meaner. :eveilgrin

·
Registered
842 Posts
Ludichris95 said:
oh and mike you might wanna check your drawers after that one...:wah?!: :thumbsup: :rofl:
At least you were only there for a little while, I had the pleasure of enjoying that all afternoon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i'll make this short,

after having the h-brace and traction bars sit in my garage for a month due to.. not having free time to install them.. i got them on today. took them for a nice drive on some nearby twisties and got do to a couple hard launches. the reviews already speak for themselves and they're all right. NO wheel hop (just burnt rubber :eveilgrin ), quicker steering wheel response, handling on my acr is now 10x better.

thanks for the great product bwoody!

·
Registered
65 Posts
jeepin79 said:
Ludichris95 said:
At least you were only there for a little while, I had the pleasure of enjoying that all afternoon.
haha yeah man you're eyebrows were singed and your tear ducts sure got their daily workout. haha

·
Registered
842 Posts
woody21001 said:
try having to deal with it every day all day.....lol
Hey thats your choice brother.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I've had them for a while, and love them, my only complaint is not with the bars, but with the fact that my CTI big turbo charge pipe and the traction bars both want to be in the same place. So my hotside pipe is being pushed up by the bars since the CTI charge pipe hangs lower than the factory unit. Eventually will try and get the charge pipe bent up a bit more to allow them to coexist in harmony. Wonderful work by Bwoody though :thumbsup:.

Quick Sketch:
Hotside pipe V
|||||||||||||||\\ Charge pipe V
....................--\\|||||||||||||||||
.. Traction bar ^ ^ Silicone coupler

·
Registered
245 Posts
how important are the traction bars..the h brace by itself? or just spend the extra $$ and have no worries? so one let me know..

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
plumadore11 said:
how important are the traction bars..the h brace by itself? or just spend the extra $$ and have no worries? so one let me know..
Bwoody only sells traction bars if you buy the h brace with them. (IIRC)

Takes pressure off the radiator support so it doesn't bend.

·
Registered
245 Posts
175srt05 said:
plumadore11 said:
Bwoody only sells traction bars if you buy the h brace with them. (IIRC)

Takes pressure off the radiator support so it doesn't bend.

Right...got it thanks for the info. I like what ive read and im tired of the wheel hop. Ill be buying the H brace w/ traction bars. Will put up a review when im installed.:ninja:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I just installed the H-brace & traction bars on my 04' today (an early Fathers Day gift to myself). Except for the passenger side traction bar hitting my lower hard pipe, I am very pleased with zero wheel hop. The overall handling has improved quite a bit. I love these things! I can't believe I didn't buy them sooner. Time to get a set for my 05'.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Outlawnick said:
I just installed the H-brace & traction bars on my 04' today (an early Fathers Day gift to myself). Except for the passenger side traction bar hitting my lower hard pipe, I am very pleased with zero wheel hop. The overall handling has improved quite a bit. I love these things! I can't believe I didn't buy them sooner. Time to get a set for my 05'.:thumbsup:
loosen both clamps on your hardpipe and rotate it upward, we're glad your pleased, thank you!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
wasntme said:
Outlawnick said:
loosen both clamps on your hardpipe and rotate it upward, we're glad your pleased, thank you!
My hardpipe is already up as far as it will go. It's up against the motor mount bracket and a/c compressor. I'm not too worried about it. I rarely drive the car. I put 11.6 miles on it since Thanksgiving Day 2006. Including the 3 mile test drive for the brace and bars yesterday. I wonder which part will give first, the pipe, traction bar, motor mount bracket or the a/c compressor? I haven't re-checked anything since the test drive. I will get under there and see if any damage occured and tighten anything that may need to be re-torqued. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member, SRT of the Month
5,535 Posts
Just wanted to chime in after i installed my hbrace upgrade today.... the car pulls really hard in second now from a roll... no spinning till the very top of second gear... and this is on street tires..... from a dig still have spinning in first but not as bad but left two beautiful straight tire tracks... cant wait to put drag radials on and see what happens on the street as well as my slicks at the track...

no rubbing or popping like my standard t bars did very good part... made the front end alot more responsive...

thanks guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
great buy ... no instructions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just had to say this product is something id reccomend to everyone i know! its a night and day difference!

61 - 80 of 85 Posts