Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help from those with the E-01 boost controller on there car. I can’t seem to hold boost up top and it seems like my rpm offset feature is not working. This shit is realy starting to piss me off. I have it setup with the right ports, with the 3rd hole unpluged. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!

Bellow are my settings and then what my data logging is showing. Are these like the setting you all have? I have the E-01 hooked up to the new AGP WGA. My settings are set- 52 Gain-20 Start 16.5 psi.

RPM offset it set at:
RPM- offset
4700-0
4900-78
5100-80
5200-82
5300-84
5500-86
5700-88
5800-90

With rpm offset
Rpm-PSI-solenoid duty cycle
4780-17.8-50.2
4920-17.6-62.08
5000-17.2-54.46
5260-16.4-59.35
5460-15.7-61.42
5630-15.2-62.31
5830-14.8-64.28
6020-14.6-65.13

With out rpm offset
4920-16.7-63.58
5040-17.1-61.44
5260-16.4-61.18
5410-15.5-67.49
5610-15.2-55.18
5800-14.6-64.8
6070-14.1-65.88

With controller turned off running on WGA only.
4880-17.2-0
5030-17.6-0
5280-16.3-0
5280-16.3-0
5450-15.3-0
5610-14.8-0
5860-14.0-0
6000-13.7-0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yah it's the stock turbo, but if you look it's like I'm not even using a boost controller. Other's are getting it to hold 18psi to read line on a stock turbo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,556 Posts
srt4hokie said:
Yah it's the stock turbo, but if you look it's like I'm not even using a boost controller. Other's are getting it to hold 18psi to read line on a stock turbo.
I'm pretty sure they are starting off with more boost. For example, running 20 in the midrange and tapering off to 18.

If you notice, in the e-01 instructions it says the rpm offset feature is limited by the turbo and wastegate. Our turbo is relatively small for a 2.4 liter engine. I think it's trying it's hardest but just runs out of breath. I'm sure someone on here can explain it better than I can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
silverscooby said:
I'm pretty sure they are starting off with more boost. For example, running 20 in the midrange and tapering off to 18.

If you notice, in the e-01 instructions it says the rpm offset feature is limited by the turbo and wastegate. Our turbo is relatively small for a 2.4 liter engine. I think it's trying it's hardest but just runs out of breath. I'm sure someone on here can explain it better than I can.

Exactly. It's just the design of the Turbo/Manifold/WGA. All the - force against the flapper. It only has a single hinge point so it will always flutcuate.

I have had success with the RPM offset feature and the stock setup. It was at a higher boost though with a 18 PSI start boost. FYI - It did not make more power on the dyno holding any more then 15-16 to redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
with E-01, eman and S0 with AGP WGA, I can get it to peak to 22(give or take .5)psi and hold to 20 if I offset with High numbers. But as mentioned above, I really dont see much HP gains at that PSI, BUT torque is at 305 (before the 650 injectors and running a bit lean at 12.4), so I have to believe that torque does get better. This PSI though can only be safely had with the eman altering the MAP voltage, and adding 25% more then S0, on a set of 650cc RC injs. AND 100 or better fuel.

Everyday use I have it set to peak to 20.4ish and hold to 18ish. That way I can still use the add fuel feature of the eman but dont have to run better then 91 fuel.

Do you still have that little nipple (male on both sides) fitting that AGP gives with the WGA? IF so that could be it. You should be able to see peaks of 20 NO MATTER WHAT if your settings are aggressive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,093 Posts
After taulkin(accent) to Mr. Hookie on the phone, i slapped him with a big Duh! He failed to mention that this was 2nd gear pull. Its a different story when you do it in 3rd gear and up. In the lower gear, you hold less boost up top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exhaust Depot said:
After taulkin(accent) to Mr. Hookie on the phone, i slapped him with a big Duh! He failed to mention that this was 2nd gear pull. Its a different story when you do it in 3rd gear and up. In the lower gear, you hold less boost up top.
Yep, I was doing all my pulls in 2nd :stab:

I need to get a friend of mine to run interceptor for me while I do pulls in 3rd, because the cops are like Buford T around here...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SRT-4 Neon said:
thats what interstates are for... ;)

C
That's where Buford likes to sit. We have mountains everywhere here so the interstates are just cut out of the mountain. They leave hills in the median so they hide behind those. Where there are no hills they have put up big bushes so they can hide behind those as well. To add good measure they have a safety zone on our section of interstate so the maximum fine is doubled and mandatory. Plus you can’t have radar detectors in VA, not that they would help with all the curves, hills and mountains we have on our interstates in SW VA.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top