Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving and i floored it and a cloud of black smoke came out of my bdj exhuast while my boost guage went to zero and now is stuck there. i was thinking maybe a vacume line came off the turbo causing my boost guage to stop working and i dont know what the black smoke means but if anyone knows what the problem could be please help. ps. i have an agp wastegate at 19psi if that could be a factor?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
the black smoke could simply be from hitting the rev limiter.... not sure if you did that..

does the car still make power?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Black smoke is excessive fuel. You lost boost somewhere and that meant there was probably alot of fuel dumped in the engine that didn't burnt all the way.

Drive your car and see if you here the turbo spooling. You're guage could be faulty. The ncheck all of your vacuum lines physically. Folks have developed cracks that are naked to observation. Check your IC pipes. Tighten all connections...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everything runs fine and i checked the vacume lines i think there was only 2 connected to the turbo the blue and pink ones i think. where are the ic lines?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
The blue line is bad.......
No no ...wait its the pink line. hurricanes have me delirious.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Yep, I bet anything one of your intercooler pipes popped off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts