Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have searched and there are different opinions on where to place them. This is for a dual stage kit also. The way I was going to go was installing the M3 injector down near the intercooler exit and then installing the M1 injector near the throttlebody. Then for activation I was going to have the M3 come on first since its down by the intercooler. This way it cools the air enough because entering the motor....have it come on say at 5psi. The M1 injector up by the throttle body would come on later say at 15psi.

So is this the better way to have it done? Have the M3 down by the intercooler exit and come on first or should I swap the injectors around and have the M3 up by the throttlebody?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I'm haven't rcvd my kit yet, but having the m3 nozzle come on at 5psi (if not using the progressive contoller) might bog the motor down. If i were going to use two nozzles, i would have the smaller one come on first...but again, i'm not expert and have yet to rcv the wonders from this invention

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
I have mine setup like your's, M3 facing the IC on the UPP near the IC. M1 facing the IC on the UPP near the TB.

M1 turn on at 4-5psi
M3 turns on at 13-15psi

I have a pressure gauge setup on my pump for fine tuning the pressure. I have a 100psi pump. I have adjusted my pressure from 60psi all the way up to 105psi for different testing purposes. I noticed no bogging anywhere between 60-80psi. From around 81-100+psi I noticed bogging. I have S2 w/Toys and I'm still trying to successfully hold HOM 100% of the time. I can usually hold HOM with the right launch and RPMs...

I would assume you will get more bogging if you have the M3 turn on before the M1.

I plan on making a slight change on my setup to help hold HOM better by rotating the M1 nozzle to face the TB vs. the IC, and then keeping my current boost settings and pump pressue. I might slightly tune the pump pressure to get the most out of the setup w/out bogging.

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYX193 said:
I have mine setup like your's, M3 facing the IC on the UPP near the IC. M1 facing the IC on the UPP near the TB.

M1 turn on at 4-5psi
M3 turns on at 13-15psi

I have a pressure gauge setup on my pump for fine tuning the pressure. I have a 100psi pump. I have adjusted my pressure from 60psi all the way up to 105psi for different testing purposes. I noticed no bogging anywhere between 60-80psi. From around 81-100+psi I noticed bogging. I have S2 w/Toys and I'm still trying to successfully hold HOM 100% of the time. I can usually hold HOM with the right launch and RPMs...

I would assume you will get more bogging if you have the M3 turn on before the M1.

I plan on making a slight change on my setup to help hold HOM better by rotating the M1 nozzle to face the TB vs. the IC, and then keeping my current boost settings and pump pressue. I might slightly tune the pump pressure to get the most out of the setup w/out bogging.
Hmm very good info...so you have the injectors in the same spots as me, but you have the M1 coming on before the M3. I have a 150psi pump so not sure how much different mine will be if any. I dont have anything to adjust the psi in the pump that I have so hopefully its ok. I have big turbo kit and will soon be cranking the boost up to 22psi so will see how well the kit performs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts