Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know this girl she has a PT Cruiser and she flipped it I know you guys have heard about my build on the forums before so you know what's up will the Pistons from the non turboed 2.4 in the cruiser work on the SRT4 rods and will I lower or raise compression by doing this

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
while physically the pistons may fit into our blocks, it would not be recommended. Pistons designed for a N/A motor are usually not shaped the same as FI pistons. They typically are also not built as strong because they do not have to deal with such high pressures.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that was not what i was hoping to hear ive moved my project from my parents to a friends and at this point i honestly dont think ill make it through the build and im this far in already literally like 7-8 months in

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Man that was not what i was hoping to hear ive moved my project from my parents to a friends and at this point i honestly dont think ill make it through the build and im this far in already literally like 7-8 months in
Where are you at currently with the car? what else is needed to get it back on the road?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done pretty much an entire overhaul on everything literally the block has been primed painted I'm waiting to hone it till I get a set of Pistons there so it doesn't rust I have to get the head back from the Machine Shop a little more body work I have to finish doing the spool boy mod hook up all my a n fittings for my braided Steel return line and feed line how to finish hooking up the 450 in the canister I have to hook up fuel pressure regulator more or less everything man I've been Gathering all the parts up to this point went to jail for like two weeks in the process that cost me $1,500 in bond so that threw a monkey wrench in my plans but yeah like I said it's all pretty much reassembly at this point but I still need four Pistons a wideband setup and technically a front windshield

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had so many problems during the process I found a cracked injector found a crack in the head right by the spark plug found a crack in the exhaust manifold all four Pistons were cracked and beginning to fall apart and multiple valves were leaking I gave up on one side of the K frame cut off the bolt found out that that was a very big mistake because it's a $26 Mopar replacement Bolt when I took my side skirts off I realized that I had no quarter panels or rocker panels I think is what they're called completely fixed it great stuff inside of it bonded over it sanded it brande it painted it I have a section behind the passenger door that was literally 3 and a 1/2 in wide of just section that was missing and I had to Bondo it in and surprisingly I got a lot of compliments on that job

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I greatly underestimated the power outcome I was expecting in the beginning to push out maybe 500 and then I hear on my other post that I can be pushing down 600 if it's done right like the overall goal for the car was to be the baddest daily driver around but I think I kind of over killed it

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
And I greatly underestimated the power outcome I was expecting in the beginning to push out maybe 500 and then I hear on my other post that I can be pushing down 600 if it's done right like the overall goal for the car was to be the baddest daily driver around but I think I kind of over killed it
well it sounds like its coming together, its just going to take a bit more time. I get it though, after i blew up my stock motor and started to build the one i have now, i decided to go overkill and built the bottom end to handle at least 700hp even though i dont even have a turbo that can push that much. I wanted to overbuild it so i didnt have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many miles does your build have on it thus far, any issues? and for the wideband we dont have ANY cheaper alternatives to aem

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
How many miles does your build have on it thus far, any issues? and for the wideband we dont have ANY cheaper alternatives to aem
My bottom end has 50-60k miles on it. I have had zero issues there. My top end has an unknown number of miles on it. (Top end is all stock from a PTGT) Motor wise everything has been good. I am having an issue with smoking right now at idle, but i'm suspecting its the turbo... again...

I dont know of any good cheaper option for widebands other than AEM. You can probably find a used setup for fairly cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts