Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this just really pissing you off?
The whole thing.. from the dealers to Dodge?
I think its all crap, just realease the bastards already :evil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
Not really pissing me off, but my loan officer is probably getting tired of extending the loan approval every 30 days.

And my dealers are probably getting pretty tired of seeing me once or twice a week.

And my wife is tired of listening to me talk about the car....

Hmmmm.....I may be the only one NOT pissed off :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Yea, I'm pretty much banned from talking about it with my entire family and co-workers!! You guys are the only ones I can talk to!! :D

I JUST WISH THE CAR WOULD GET HERE, ALREADY!!

Wait....

I think I see one....

It's flying over my building....

THEY ARE REALLY BEING ABDUCTED BY ALIENS!! :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Fortunately, my wife seems (almost) as excited to get this car as I do. She's not quite into it on an enthusiast level like I am, but pretty close. The folks at work are another story...I have some SRT-4 wallpaper on my computer and the co-workers have all made the mistake of asking me about it. I'm good for about a 10 minute sermon when someone asks :)

It's kinda like asking someone what time it is and they respond by giving you the history of the wristwatch :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
I can hear it now....Well, funny you ask what kind of car that is...It all started way back with Henry Ford....a man and his dream....probably by the end of the story they have aged 5 years. :lol: Although it's a story, we'd all appreciate. I've given up trying to tell anyone about it. I start talking and they look at me like I'm a crazy person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
work

well the suckers at work laugh at me when they see the SRT wallpaper and I say i'm gonna get it.....then I start the sermon about its power and they say, but its a fooking NEON.

Who will have the last laugh? :roll:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,578 Posts
he who laughs last didnt get the joke! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
wake up everyone!!!!!!!!



I just got off the phone with daimler chysler and it seems that we were all lied to!!! only the dealers with volume such as california(where i am at) and in florida and where ever are getting first crack, meaning a first limited production run (even though my sources have told me cars are already built in belvedere ill.) . expect to pay 2,000.00 to 5,000.00 over sticker!!!!!!!! i am not shi=*tting you guys after this period dogde will have what they call "power days" then in about may or june is when they will go national with ads and crap!!!!!!!!! sorry guys but if you want to pay 5,000.00 over sticker consider a wrx!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Re: wake up everyone!!!!!!!!

SrMrt4 said:


I just got off the phone with daimler chysler and it seems that we were all lied to!!! only the dealers with volume such as california(where i am at) and in florida and where ever are getting first crack, meaning a first limited production run (even though my sources have told me cars are already built in belvedere ill.) . expect to pay 2,000.00 to 5,000.00 over sticker!!!!!!!! i am not shi=*tting you guys after this period dogde will have what they call "power days" then in about may or june is when they will go national with ads and crap!!!!!!!!! sorry guys but if you want to pay 5,000.00 over sticker consider a wrx!!!!!!
Sorry...if you're gonna feed me all of this then you're going to have to back it all up with something more than "I just got off the phone with DC"...especially since this is your first post here!

If you'd bothered to read some of the other posts on here first, you'd realize that several of us are locked in at MSRP or better.

Sorry...I smell a troll... :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont feel to safe with "locked" prices...
Dealers did also tell you they can "pre-order" the cars
Well there is no "ordering" dealers are getting what GIVEN to them by dodge. yet another lie. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,697 Posts
srt4

I hate the dealer !!!

this is the latest response i have recieved

NO WE HAVE NO IDEA WHEN BUT WHEN WE DO I WILL LET YOU KNOW I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY FILE AND THE YES THE FLEET DEPT WILL BE SELLING THEM FOR MSRP BUT THE RETAIL DEPT WILL SELL IT FOR MORE.
=======
SINCERELY
Tedroy Smith
Moss Bros Dodge
Fleet Manager


Please do not remove your Customer Number[20999595] from the subject line when you reply to this email.

now what the hell i have to buy a fleet of srt4's to get it at msrp!!!!! :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont think half the people that "locked" there prices are even going to get there cars. One dealer had 5 reservations. A dealer only gets about 2 cars.
Again i role my eyes. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Croation said:
Dont feel to safe with "locked" prices...
Dealers did also tell you they can "pre-order" the cars
Well there is no "ordering" dealers are getting what GIVEN to them by dodge. yet another lie. :roll:
Actually, the dealer I am working with has never told me they could "pre-order" the SRT-4. As for the price, I have saved several communications between the dealer and myself that spells out the agreed upon price. If they were to change their tune this late in the game they won't be getting my business, and DC would be getting my well-documented complaint...along with several TV station consumer reporters in the area. (I play nice until someone gives me a reason not to!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm, think a dealer would care?
I told my dealer off when he wanted 10k over sticker on a PT. He just ignored me and shook the hand of they guy that did pay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Croation said:
Hmm, think a dealer would care?
I told my dealer off when he wanted 10k over sticker on a PT. He just ignored me and shook the hand of they guy that did pay.
I think they'd care if their finances were to become threatened. (Complaining to Daimler Chrysler, Better Biz Bureau, and local media outlets just eat stuff like this up...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
Croation said:
Hmm, think a dealer would care?
I told my dealer off when he wanted 10k over sticker on a PT. He just ignored me and shook the hand of they guy that did pay.
I think they'd care if their finances were to become threatened. (Complaining to Daimler Chrysler, Better Biz Bureau, and local media outlets just eat stuff like this up...)

You have to realize that there is nothing illegal with what these dealers are doing. MSRP is just that a suggested retail price, there's nothing holding those dealers to MSRP. It's simple economics, there's a high demand so they can get away with jacking up the prices, when the demand slackens the price will fall. If you ask me DC is just as guilty as the dealers considering how long they've been hyping the SRT, just release the damn thing already. DC and the BBB won't be able to do anything here because nothing illegal is going on, however you might get some love from the media.

-faast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Slow5OH said:
You have to realize that there is nothing illegal with what these dealers are doing. MSRP is just that a suggested retail price, there's nothing holding those dealers to MSRP. It's simple economics, there's a high demand so they can get away with jacking up the prices, when the demand slackens the price will fall. If you ask me DC is just as guilty as the dealers considering how long they've been hyping the SRT, just release the damn thing already. DC and the BBB won't be able to do anything here because nothing illegal is going on, however you might get some love from the media.

-faast
But, there is something illegal about breaching a written contract to sell a car at MSRP, which I got from my dealer when I put down a deposit. That is the only thing that the deposit is good for.
He could try to gouge me, or even sell the car out from underneath me, but by doing that he is violating a written contract.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have to realize that there is nothing illegal with what these dealers are doing. MSRP is just that a suggested retail price, there's nothing holding those dealers to MSRP. It's simple economics, there's a high demand so they can get away with jacking up the prices, when the demand slackens the price will fall. If you ask me DC is just as guilty as the dealers considering how long they've been hyping the SRT, just release the damn thing already. DC and the BBB won't be able to do anything here because nothing illegal is going on, however you might get some love from the media.
Thank you for saying that. I called freakn the damn cerritos dealer, he said hes seelling over MSRP. Now i only have a few dealers, and if its over 20k F*** the car.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
18 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing
Top