Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced behind a SRT8 challenger and pissed him of. His car was spitting black smoke when it shifter (when I was behind him I saw it spew out). Easily passsssssht around him in about 4 blocks. My car has been in the garage way too long. LULZ

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Those cars would haul ASS if they weighed 1348 pounds less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lol. I have an 08 srt8 challenger 6.1 hemi with 42k, so very fresh and healthy, I can definitely say, he probably didn't know you were trying to race him. 425hp/425fp and if it was a 6.4 that's like 475 hp. They are no slouch either way. As I'm sure your srt4 is not either. But the srt8 is the big brother for a reason. Once I find the right srt4 I'll let you know for sure. My srt8 has a gauge for 0-60 times, 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile timer, all business. Awesome forum, great group, I'm glad to have found it.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
A co-worker of mine recently got a brand new Challenger R/T widebody scat pack. Beautiful car. I've been trying to encourage him to take it to the track. i'm curious how my car would do against it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wife, son and I are planning a trip to the track soon. We are going to take our 6.1 challenger, my built 6.0 powerstroke crew cab, my son's heavily modded sti wagon, and if we get it finished up quickly our 400 big block duster. There's always a fair amount of trash talking with whose got the faster/quicker rig. While I'm fairly confident that my 6.0 powerstroke will dominate all comers, my son feels the same way about his sti. With the 6.1 srt8 being our newest toy, it brings the wild card factor and my wife isn't afraid to run it hard. As most of us know, its purpose built to be a bada$$. We've had lots of fast/quick cars over the years. Lt,Ls,turbo, hemi, etc. I have a pretty good seat of the pants dyno, lol. And while I trust in my powerstroke, the sti and hemi both make crazy power and give up a few thousand pounds on my truck. Win, lose or draw it's all going to be a good time. Haha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
17/18 psi in the Subaru. About 30 in my powerstroke 6.0 diesel. But as I am saying this my son is putting a bigger turbo, intercooler, bigger injectors and fuel pump in his sti. So, we will see how that goes in the end.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I asked how a mildly modified, stock turbo SRT4 would hold up against an LSx; I got an overwhelming response of negativity from this forum. I'd imagine a more powerful (albeit heavy) mopar would easily gap a stock turbo SRT4...quickly. I've ran C6s in both of my SRT4s, both stock turbo...the negativity was 100% accurate. lol

You could go pick on the 99-09 bolt-on mustang GT crowd with confidence though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Today my son met my wife and I for dinner at a restaurant. He was driving my diesel truck and I was driving out srt8. Upon leaving we found ourselves side by side heading home out in the country. So naturally we had to see which was the faster rig. Lol, even though they are both mine. Well it's probably safe to say, while my turbo diesel truck is fairly hopped up its not going to take the challenger in a drag race any time soon. While I lost traction for the first 10 feet, it gathered itself up and easily stayed ahead of the truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My truck has bigger injectors, stage 1.5 turbo with wicked wheel, cold air intake, tuner, head studs, bully dog fuel pump, etc. Why do I have a 6.0 Ford if I'm into mopars? Well a guy needs a reliable truck to haul all the mopars when they break down on my car hauler. Lol. As much as I love mopar cars, they are not always the most reliable when you start putting alot of power and mods to them. And let's be honest, nothing outlasts a bulletproof 6.0 powerstroke. As they are capable of serious power and reliability, lol after you put 10k of upgrades to them. Plus I haul a 34' 5th wheel and equipment trailers loaded heavy. My buddies common rail Cummins could barely make freeway speeds when I used it once to haul the 5th wheel. I'll keep my cars mopar, but my trucks are Ford. Sorry.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm just giving you a hard time. I've got a co-worker who has a 6.4L F250 king ranch. That thing left my srt4 sitting in the dust. That particular tune was 700hp and 900tq or something along those lines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lol. No worries. I get razzed all the time for having a shop, driveway, pasture, etc full of mopars with a 6.0 Ford f350 and ford ranger parked next to them. No one ever notices the sti for some reason. Haha, I cant blame them. Not much of a car if you ask me, but I know it is fast. Its getting dyno time on Wednesday morning. We will see what it puts out. I'm sure nothing less than impressive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2002 impreza wagon. Its a factory wrx, but has an sti short block with the 2.0 heads with a gasket swap to get the compression to 9.5-1 so a hybrid. Took it to P.R.E. today in Portland Oregon to dyno and tune it. You guys got to check out their website, their tuner guy built a wicked srt4. Has gone through 4 engines, transmissions, differentials, etc. But is a 750hp hammer. Pounds everything it sees. It's up for sale the guy told me.....hmmmmm. I am definitely interested in that, lol. Probably not the best choice for my wifes daily though. Haha. But for me, maybe just right. They also ha e a dodge avenger with an srt4 swapped in engine, bad bad toy. Also for sale for $9500. My sons sti/wrx laid down 305whp and 310 torque. I went for a ride with him, all I can say is wtfreak!!! Its a violent, violent angry little car. I'm genuinely concerned it may run my srt8 down and punish it.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
honestly with those power numbers... i doubt it. i'm surprised he didnt see quite a bit more than that, but its possible the dyno reads low. I was hitting those kind of numbers with my stock turbo/stock engine....

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
My sons sti/wrx laid down 305whp and 310 torque. I went for a ride with him, all I can say is wtfreak!!! Its a violent, violent angry little car. I'm genuinely concerned it may run my srt8 down and punish it.
A mere 305whp and 310 torque shouldn't cause an SRT-4 to be a "violent, violent angry little car".
Perhaps it needs some suspension upgrades?
Or a more patient driver!
:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts