Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the manual last night about the possibility of getting an extra key for my SRT-4 and it mentioned there that I need a 4-dig pin which is supplied by the dealer when I purchased the car. Is this true? Am I supposed to have gotten the pin from the dealer?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
its assigned to the car yes...i suggest you call yoir salesman and get to the bottom of it

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
if you get the invoice for the car, it should be on there i think.......dont ask me how i know this :twisted: you all know that i dont have a srt yet :wink:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check my invoice. If it's not there, Jim will recieve a call from me. :twisted:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes, when getting an extra key made that you wish to use as an ignition key, it MUST BE programmed. You can call any dealer or just go into any dealer and they can make a spare key and program it. We just have to connect to chrysler computer and get the pin and program it with a DRBIII. The sentry key for the SRT-4 isn't anything different than others, so you can get them most places. Any more questions, just ask! I can get the pin if you need it, but you still need the computer tool to program it in.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Get a blank and unprogrammed key, the READ YOUR MANUAL. It tells you how to program the key using your ignition column. Something about turning the car on and off, the inserting the new key, and your done. You won't need the pin then.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
SpitterGuy said:
That's new, but won't that contradict the purpose of the sentry key? Maybe it's too complicated for car jackers to figure out :wink:
You have to start the car with a good key, then do the crazy sequence then install the blank key, and the car will program the new chip. Thiefts would have to have the good key to make a new one, so it's not a security hole.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nighcore said:
Yes, when getting an extra key made that you wish to use as an ignition key, it MUST BE programmed. You can call any dealer or just go into any dealer and they can make a spare key and program it. We just have to connect to chrysler computer and get the pin and program it with a DRBIII. The sentry key for the SRT-4 isn't anything different than others, so you can get them most places. Any more questions, just ask! I can get the pin if you need it, but you still need the computer tool to program it in.
Thanks. That's what I thought.

ebbtide, I just read that from the manual the other day. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ebbtide said:
SpitterGuy said:
That's new, but won't that contradict the purpose of the sentry key? Maybe it's too complicated for car jackers to figure out :wink:
You have to start the car with a good key, then do the crazy sequence then install the blank key, and the car will program the new chip. Thiefts would have to have the good key to make a new one, so it's not a security hole.
Whew! I was gonna say!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Sweet, that's nice to have, it'll prolly save you a little anyhow. BTW, anyone check on what the price of one of those keys cost? I'd imagine a pretty penny, cost like $10-$15 for my grandparents Cadillac! :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts