Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the pin stripe just peel off or will it mess up the paint? gotta say dont like it at all :evil:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
it depends the stick ons are easy to peel but i used to work for a Lexus dealer that did painted on ones. This guy is good he does it free hand :shock:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
dealers install them to make extra bucks off ya'll <<*did me and my new york self just say that? :? *

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
cali said:
What pin stripe?

LOL! thats exactly what i've been thinking whenever some one mentions the pin tripes on this forum. . :? :?:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They didnt over charge me i got my car for 19,850. The stripe is a sticker and it looks easy enough to take off just wanna make sure that it wont rip the paint when i pull it off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spcforker said:
I thought a pinstripe would look kewl 8) .. hmmmmm Guess not :oops:
it would if it matched the car but its this blue and grey stripe doesnt really go with yellow. :roll:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
kill it please and who ever picked it...lol...hideous i bet

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
acr2nv said:
kill it please and who ever picked it...lol...hideous i bet
yeah, i know. when i got the car, the dealer was like well do you like it.. i was like "except that gay ass pin stripe" he gave me this look like :roll: it doesnt even go with the car! I got pictures of it with and when we take it off and detail it tomorrow i will take more pics and post both so you can see what it looks like. Lot of people were like I didnt even notice it. Shit i do! i see it everytime i look at my car :evil:

·
Registered
613 Posts
I happen to think pinstripes look like ABSOLUTE CRAP on the Neon. Or any car with a "Built-in-creased-into-the-body-pinstripe-type-thing." Pinstripes are good on cars that have no character lines like a Cavalier or something, but on a Neon, Civic, BMW, or anything else with that "Crease down the side" thing going on, NO.

That said. Use a heat gun (Set really low) and a sharp, plastic putty knife to take that thing off. And be careful.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you're gonna take it off, then the sooner the better. You don't want any "ghost" images of wher the pinstripes were due to longer sun exposure.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
my dealer stuck one of their "baldhill dodge" stickers on the back of my car, but i peeled it off with no problems about 5 minutes after i drove it off the lot. 8)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I'd like to see pictures of the "gay ass pinstripe." Not that I am going to add one to my beautiful black paint job, just wondering what it looks like. I peeled the dealer sticker off too, especially since they wandted 25K for the car!!! I got them down to 20,400 atleast. ANYWAY! pics pics pics!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The weather is kinda crappy today so we are gonna wash it tomorrow and have it lookin nice 8). I should have pics posted tomorrow evening! oh i went ahead and peeled it off. came right off lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.