Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, as far as I know, i'm the first person that got the IPP HOOD (Gen II) here in south florida...

overall impression: i'm completely satisfied with my purchase... quality is awesome: rolled carbon fiber edges, no weave distortion, and the clear coat is super shiny... FITMENT IS DEAD ON... no adjustment required (literally)...i would recommend this to anyone...

as far alot of you already know, i bought the revolution motorsports CF hood about 2 months ago... so i can compare the 2 hoods, its a night and day difference:
(1) ipp's clearcoat is way better...
(2) RMS' hood didn't have the rolled edges...
(3) the underside is way better than RMS.... this thing is showroom shine both top and bottom of the hood
(4) IPP hood comes ready with windshield washer holes
(5) And of course, the design is way better looking than the stock looking cf hood...

THE GAP PROBLEM IS FIXED... I repeat, THE GAP problem is fixed...

now check out the pic:

ROLLED EDGES!!!​

IT COMES ALREADY DRILLED FOR THE WINDSHIELD WASHERS​

SEE, NO MORE HUGE GAPS!!!​

LOOK AT THE QUALITY OF THIS HOOD​

CHECK OUT THE REFLECTION!​

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
looks awsume!!!!!
the shipping company called me today they are going to deliver mine monday morning.........i am soooo jealious you have yours already
looking at your pics i am glad i purchased the IPP hood, now if monday would just get here !!!!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
warriorbob said:
looks awsume!!!!!
the shipping company called me today they are going to deliver mine monday morning.........i am soooo jealious you have yours already
looking at your pics i am glad i purchased the IPP hood, now if monday would just get here !!!!!
you would never regret it.... :thumbsup:

we even have the same gas lid... LOL...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LowNSlowNeon said:
Very nice.... I don't think I'll buy a CF hood again..hahaq
cmon lownslow... trust me bro... you'll never regret buying this one... "we all learn from our own mistakes" :frogtongu

come to the dark side my apprentice... don't let your outlook about carbon fiber be affected because you (including me) bought the wrong hood the first time... LOL

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
4,118 Posts
webviper said:
cmon lownslow... trust me bro... you'll never regret buying this one... "we all learn from our own mistakes" :frogtongu

come to the dark side my apprentice... don't let your outlook about carbon fiber be affected because you (including me) bought the wrong hood the first time... LOL

Oh trust me.. I love your hood.. but I can't afford to buy a CF Hood.. turn around and buy another one that is twice as much.. but worth the extra money. :)
Saving for stage 3 > carbon fiber hood.

:) :)

One day man.. one day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Very nice !!!!!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
im so used to seeing the ones that dont fit....im glad they finally corrected that. Your car looks awesome btw..congrats

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LowNSlowNeon said:
Oh trust me.. I love your hood.. but I can't afford to buy a CF Hood.. turn around and buy another one that is twice as much.. but worth the extra money. :)
Saving for stage 3 > carbon fiber hood.

:) :)

One day man.. one day :thumbsup:
i respect that... i have some things in mind for power... it'll just be a suprise :eveilgrin

but for now, my next thing is to buy the IPP coilovers and new rims :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DaZone said:
Very nice !!!!!
thanks man... and just to let you know... that's the same exact rims i'm getting except it'll be in gun metal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
snoman said:
hey does anyone know the quality of the carbon by design hoods are they as good as ipp

i've seen the cbd hood... quality wise, their almost dead on... CBD and Revitup has my vote for hoods...you'll never go wrong as long as you pick between the 2...

my eyelids are from CBD.. i'm actually buying the CF foglight surrounds from them as well

if you're going to buy from EBAY or Revolution Motorsports... might as well keep you stock hood... trust me bro, please learn from MY mistakes. :thumbsup:

just my .02

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.