Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Seeing another pic of the ol' SRT makes me wonder. Sometimes.. those rims just look smaller than 17" You know what I mean??. Call me picky but I swear they look smaller sometimes, Guess ill have to see one in person. (note to self: new observation of seemingly smaller rims will not deture you from lusting after car)

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hemi...surprised it didn't roll ????

That one doesn't even have the rear inside wheel pulled up into the air yet. Don't think you could get enough traction on the front to roll one like that.

Neon on 3 wheels

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In response to Raptor and Hemi, perhaps an explanation of the course would help. The course was laid out on an abandoned runway, taxiway, and parking area next to a hangar. The course started on the runway, went up the taxiway to the parking area, then back down the taxiway to a long section on the runway with a 180 degree turn at the end, then back up the runway to the finish. The picture was taken as I neared the end of the taxiway, preparing to enter the runway. There was a short slalom on the taxiway and a sweeper onto the runway. The car is set up for the sweeper. I have a video of the run, and the back, inside tire never left the ground. In my 1997 ACR, when it was stock, three-wheeling was common on sweepers. I think that it was partially the result of the limited suspension travel on the 1st generation Neons. I have not seen many 2nd generation neons autocross, but I think that the increased suspension travel probably reduces the possibility of three-wheeling. The SRT was very stable and predictable during the autocross.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
RaptorRed said:
Hemi...surprised it didn't roll ????

That one doesn't even have the rear inside wheel pulled up into the air yet. Don't think you could get enough traction on the front to roll one like that.

Neon on 3 wheels
Nope, I drive the Swift SSCA car alot harder than that. Yet, I have the four strut bars and Koni setup. I really miss this on the SRT-4. I sometimes wish they went a little farther on the SSCA setup than street aparels.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
shaag78749 said:
I have not seen many 2nd generation neons autocross, but I think that the increased suspension travel probably reduces the possibility of three-wheeling. The SRT was very stable and predictable during the autocross.
Yeah, I agree. The understeer was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, the car is actually fairly neutral. Most of the understeer is evident during acceleration. Too much body roll though, what is funny is with that much weight shift you would think it'd transition to oversteer easy, but it doesnt. Oh well. New suspension coming soon. Hey shaag, what about those corner exits? :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
el_jefe
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing