Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
im prolly gonna get smoked for jacking this,, but why is nos bottle mounted sideways bad mojo?.. whats bad mojo mean?

EDIT - Car looks awesome.. i havent even thought about putting Nos in my car but after seeing ur pics, i kinda want to now.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I originally wanted to mount the bottle all the way to the right and the bottle facing the front of the car. Turns out when trying to screw it in...there's the spare tire wheel well in the middle. thought about putting some board construction there to make it flat...but then decided what the hell...just mount it sideways. the line is still down and so far no leaks.
however...because i did this instead of mounting it more to the front of the trunk....i was short about 1-2 feet of nitrous line. so i had to get another line to connect the n-tercooler ring to the main line. This requires a coupler, which i didn't have. So to remedy the situation, a NOS nitrous filter (shown in the engine bay pic) was used to connect the two lines. Voila!!

now to get pictures of the purge and flame out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i thought if you race you had to have the bottle sideways xcause of nhra rules or something

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh stop it, there is a burst diaphragm that is going to stop the thing from blowing up.

However, since the N2O is a liquid and the pick-up is at the bottom of the tank. Acceleration will make the fluid travel to the rear, in this case side of the tank. Tank should face forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts