Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go guys. got it done today. Sounds a lot different. Sounds similar to the SR20 in the VTEC video except with the blow off valve sound. Less pops now. I definately like the new sound. I love the old one too. It also sounds totally quiet with the silencers installed. Kinda stealth that way when my wife and kid are in the car. I went with 2.5" like the Borla exhaust and asked them to do something similar. Looks good and only took 3 hours to complete. It goes all the way to the CAT and back.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Look how clean it is under there!:wah?!: You really need to drive it more.:jester: Nice job on the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks man. I have bought so many mods I don't have money for gas! hahahaha I think it will look a lot better once I get my springs in and get the bad boy lowered 2 inches. Should get them any day now. Will is going to help me install them. Oh, BTW, it has a lot more power now too! You have to hear it. Maybe I can get a video of it up on here if I get time of a couple of revs at different RPM's. Peace out!

·
Registered
977 Posts
man you are working quick...where did you get it done at? how much for the parts and then how much for total with labor? who did you buy them from?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Wow Chris, I'm really impressed. The car looks great from the back and I even like the CF mufflers!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jacksonjw81 said:
man you are working quick...where did you get it done at? how much for the parts and then how much for total with labor? who did you buy them from?
I got the mufflers on ebay. They retail for $200 each, but since they were on ebay I got them for half price. The place I took it to to get installed was in Siegelbach near Vogelweh in the K-Town area. The cost was 295 Euro with labor and parts. I payed a little more than that because I asked that a resonator be put in where the old ones used to be on the stock exhaust. I did that for good measure since that's how the Borla's are.

Definately different for an SRT...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
PsychoSoldier said:
Looks good! Fix that wheel gap though.
He has springs on the way. Chris is very fast on his way to having one of the sharpest SRTs around.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
That looks frickin' suh-weet! I gotta hear how it sounds. Nice to have one of us running in "stealth" mode vs. the "what-the-fuck-was-THAT?!?!" mode we are running in now. Now to get that sucker dyno'd out.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Dave and everyone else fo the props! A dyno is on the way too! I am going to try and get one before and after stage 2 turbo gets installed. I just put my catch can on this morning. I had to buy 10mm hoses from the auto parts store because the flimsy clear stuff they give you with the catch can was collapsing on itself from the vacuum inside the engine. Looks good where I put it. Later, Chris

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
What ever happened to nice clean smooth welds?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts