Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
very nice mine is on the way the fedex tracker says it is suppost to be here on tuesday

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ATL-SRT said:
and where's the flywheel?
The flywheel is the last pic. Its a modular clutch, so the pressure plate, clutch disc, and flywheel are serviced as a unit. Everything is riveted together. I got it for $520 from the Dodge dealership in Daytona Beach.

jee08 said:
What is the performance clutch supposed to do? or should I say, what's the difference between it and the stocker?
This clutch has a different clutch disc which is stronger, which simply means that it can handle more torque.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
they have a group buy right now with the throw out bearing inlcuded for like 570. check out there forum.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
starkie said:
...this clutch won't slip when you significantly increase TQ from 249 ft lbs to anywhere between 337 to 383 by upgrading to Stage 3...

...and because it's genuine MoPar, it won't chatter or drive any differently on the street either, unlike the other aftermarket units...
Starkie, was wondering if you ever installed an upgrade clutch before - they always make more nosie than the stockers.. Considering the above has an upgraded clutch disc, it's guaranteed that it'll make more noise.

The mopar name has nothing to do with how a cluch performs.. This clutch is just an aftermarket oem'd clutch (as you can see from the name - Sachs Race Engineering)..

Now out of all the top tier aftermarket clutch companies out there like clutchmasters, spec - where does Sachs Race Engineering fit in? (I know they are pretty popular with european cars and support a bunch of racing teams).

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Sachs made the very first neon clutches and then LUK took over the contract. Now in 2003 They came back to make the SRT clutch. If you pull your stocker out you will see SACHS in the pressure plate.. SACHS makes some of the nicest clutches in the industry.. Hell most of the neon folks think DC stopped using SACHS because they were too good hehe..

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
It's good to hear that it's made by Sach's and not a Centerforce like I'd heard in the early rumors. As for Sach's, I believe they also make the stock SRT-4 clutch. In addition to European cars, they've made a lot of Mopar clutches including the OEM ones used on the Turbo III cars (224hp Spirit R/T and Daytona IROC R/T) that have stood up to a lot of power.

Without knowing what type of friction material they're using, what the pressure plate clamping force is, and especially for that price I'd probably go aftermarket (Clutchmaster, etc.) If these turn out to be able to hold repetitive abuse under high torque loads AND maintain the exact feel of a stock clutch I could see how it might appeal to a lot of people.

So for those of you getting it, go thrash it! Inquiring minds want to see how they hold up. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.