Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight people I need some h3lp. Me and my dad wanna do a project car and set it up for high power and high numbers but we also want it to be drivable on the street, so no wheelie bar/parachute setup. I just wanna get an Idea of what car we should use
IE: TT300zx, '94rx7, '87 GN, maybe a older F-250 turbo diesel, AWD DSM, older subaru.... '85 corola, K-car just something that would be able to handle monster power and major modifications with boost and spray and can actually be driven on the street just like once a week (for those friday night runs).
ANY suggestion would be great. Oh and most importantly we are only looking to spend about 14k including the price of the car and we are shooting for low 11's-high 10's at the track with slicks and spray. Lastly NO civic's I dont want a busted ass CRX lol the car has to be decent at least... Anyways let me here some suggestions and thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think with the GN I could get into the LOW 10's with that amount of $$ but they are expensive themselves.... KEeP EM COMMING!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
i would say a gn because any car that comes with a turbo slapped on it from the factory is easily capable of low 12's/11's and will be very streetable. but a gn would be a little pricy so maybe a buick regal 3.8 turbo. same motor as the gn and its a sleeper!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
crx hatchback and turbo it or a civic hatchback. I know a few kids with em in the 11s-9s. But my bro has a 72dart 383 almost stock but it has headers 484 cam and 2 1/4 exhaust it runs 12.3s so its fast without a doubt. Thanks Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
JustANeonButBadass said:
my vote goes into a 91 awd talon/eclipse
yep.....if you want to go fast without spending too much that would be an ausome car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
yeah AWD DSM since you can get one for like $4 grand, and put the other $11 grand into whatever you want.

and as for the 3000gt vr-4...check this site out...read it religiously during the span that i almost got a 92 3000gt sl.
http://www.dynamicracing.com/customer/home.php

yeah i my first choice was gonna be the TT supra until i read the $15k limit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JustANeonButBadass said:
yeah AWD DSM since you can get one for like $4 grand, and put the other $11 grand into whatever you want.

and as for the 3000gt vr-4...check this site out...read it religiously during the span that i almost got a 92 3000gt sl.
http://www.dynamicracing.com/customer/home.php

yeah i my first choice was gonna be the TT supra until i read the $15k limit
wow thats really cool, but the kit is like 6k :wah?!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
go w/ an old legacy wagon and drop the wrx engine in w/ stg 4 turbo and such goodies...but u must remember to do the whole powertrain and to realize that those fuckers rust apart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
IF you dont mind rice..well go with the 79'-80' Mazda GLC. Throw in a 13B..a big rear. Rear wheel drive car, bay the way. The cost will be about 2 cases of Heiniken, and a carten of newports..LOL.. for real..you can get 10-11sss from this car for cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,202 Posts
REDLINE04 said:
IF you dont mind rice..well go with the 79'-80' Mazda GLC. Throw in a 13B..a big rear. Rear wheel drive car, bay the way. The cost will be about 2 cases of Heiniken, and a carten of newports..LOL.. for real..you can get 10-11sss from this car for cheap.
Yeah and blow up every other run, drag oil down the track, and have to wear womans clothes as a desgise in order for the other racers, waiting for the track to get cleaned, not to find you and dunk you in a barrel of waste oil. :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Ant @ Psi-Fi said:
Yeah and blow up every other run, drag oil down the track, and have to wear womans clothes as a desgise in order for the other racers, waiting for the track to get cleaned, not to find you and dunk you in a barrel of waste oil. :jester:

:rofl: ..good one Ant..I know your much smarter that I.. in the business..but I just know this car did these numbers without falling apart.

Was you comment because it's an old car?
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top