Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a pic of where the trunk Vehicle Theft Alarm connector is located or a pic of the trunk switch installed? I think I must be having a brain cramp 'cuz I have looked a couple of times and can't figure out where to mount the switch or where the connector is.

Thank You,
Donovan

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Donovan, no pic but try this. Open trunk. look at emergency handle. Visually split difference between handle and latch assembly. Right there, unused connector.

Not sure about the mounting of the switch.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I looked about halfway between the emergency open pull handle and the lock mechanism. THere is a connector there, but its already in use. I guess maybe I bought a part I don't need? My car was manufactured 05/2004. Do those come with the switch already installed?

Donovan

·
Registered
294 Posts
The connector may actually be clipped in the dead space between the skin of the trunk and the inner support structure. Feel around for it. I doubt they changed the wiring harness. The plug will clip into this unexposed area when the switch is properly hooked up. Now for the kicker. The switch is a trunk lock knock out switch. I have installed mine and if you pm me with an e-mail address I can send you details and pics that will show all.

YellowBee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.