Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
oh sorry, yeah i noticed a few weren't working anymore. this is an old thread. I will update real soon, with new tutorials also.

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
816 Posts
wow. ive been usin PS for a while now, and that just stumbles my mind it made the rest of that panorama. that is a joke how easy it has gotten! and the bandaid tool wont act retarded anymore. :clap:

·
SRTforums Member, Master Avatar Creator,
378 Posts
For people trying to change colors on their car:
Step 1:

Use the circle marquee tool to select the rim. (Doesn't have to be exact, we will be touching it up later)

Step 2:

Go to Layer --> New --> Layer via Copy. After that go to Image --> Adjustments --> Desaturate.

Step 3:

Double click on the layer that was just created to bring up the Layer Style menu. Check color overlay and change the color box to white (Or whatever color you want the rim to be). Then change the Blend Mode to Overlay.

Step 4:

Clean up what isn't supposed to be the rim color using the eraser.

Step 5:

Repeat the same process used before for the other rim. NOTE: When doing step 2, you must be on the original layer when doing a Layer via copy.

If you don't want to do your calipers and lug nuts then you can stop here, otherwise keep following the steps.
Step 6:

Use the same steps as before but when selecting the color, click the color box and then move your cursor over to the area that you want to be the color that you are color matching and click. This will give you the same color.

Step 7:

Erase what isn't supposed to be color matched.

Step 8:

Repeat the previous steps on the other area you want to be color matched.

And then you should be done. When saving, save it as a .png. This give you a little better quality than a .jpg file. It also saves transparency if you have any.

This isn't the only one way that this can be done. There are plenty other ways that work like using the pentool, but to me this way is a lot faster.

If you wanted to clear or smoke your side markers you can use the same steps. To clear them, skip step 3. To smoke them, in step 3 use black as the color for color overlay and adjust the opacity accordingly. Same goes with smoking the taillights.

You're welcome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I dont know if this is the rite place but if somebody can do a Photoshop for me it would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to see my car:

With these wheels in "Monster Green":

And if you don't mind I would like to see it lowered a bit

41 - 57 of 57 Posts