Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else see the latest Mopar Now yet? Cox and Crawford are doing some amazing things with this car! Some tidbits of information that I found interesting about the SRT-4 engine:

They are putting 825 HP through the engine using the stock block (.096 over bore and block filled with Hard Blok), stock crank, stock head (ported and water ports welded closed), stock bearings, valve seals, lash adjusters, oil system, and ignition coil.

Here are some custom/aftermarket parts they used:
AFX underdrive pulley, Cometic head gasket, custom Crane cam, Crane adjustable cam gears, Crane springs and retainers, T72 turbo, custom header, custom intake, custom fuel rail, 160 lb/hr injectors, 90mm TB, JE pistons, FM rods, etc.

They are using a good ol' 31TH auto transmission, just like every smart racer does, right? :wink: Also interesting, they gained 50 hp by switching to an MP 135 amp alternator for the Viper. No, you will not get 50 additional ponies by doing this.

Interesting stuff! It's nice to know there's a good strong engine under the hood!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
http://phatridz.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=38&s=5a354b55b3dd483468840f814dae1e24

am i the only one that goes here? :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Mike B. said:
Interesting stuff! It's nice to know there's a good strong engine under the hood!
was there ever any doubt? :wink: besides from the srt-4 haters. :p

·
Registered
423 Posts
Good job! That's some serious power they're putting down there. I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of using epoxy to fill the block though. I'd rather get it resleeved by AEBS or Golden Eagle or something... RSM. Those are some awesome numbers...

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i will probably go the AEBS route depending on $$$

·
Registered
449 Posts
CheeseFrog said:
Good job! That's some serious power they're putting down there. I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of using epoxy to fill the block though. I'd rather get it resleeved by AEBS or Golden Eagle or something... RSM. Those are some awesome numbers...
Remember the SRT has an iron block. I don't see much need for re-sleeving the block unless you want to completely change the bore or stroke of the motor.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
I believe the T72 is a greddy unit. Similar to there T66 or t88 etc.

to build the block i would prolly just add wiseco pistons to the stock SRT rods. You can get the pistons from bob stockum.

www.bstockum.com

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
you can get a T78 from turbonetics.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
turbonetics makes their own turbos, like garrett. they do not resell others turbos.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
http://www.turboneticsinc.com/

"With a wide range of flow capacities (TSO4, T61, T64, T66, T70, T72 and T76 - see compressor maps on pages 18 - 23) capable of supporting 600 to 1200 HP with a “single” turbo, the “T-SERIES” is the only true custom turbo family designed exclusively for racing applications! "

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/catalog/index.html

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
anyone with the Mopar Now issue notice my friend Dave's neon?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ravencit said:
I wonder, if anyone is going to compete with these guys. Like forward motion, ATP, Deyme Racing???? What do you guys think
Foward Motion helped build the car :roll: and no Foward Motion will not compete against the Mopar backed effort :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
13 Participants
daytonagts
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing