Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my Perrin sts yesterday and it's sweet. Olny thing driving me nuts is that you can TWIST the ENTIRE stick back and forth about a 1/8 turn. So when shifting the entire shaft twist and kinda messes up your shifting.
Took it apart and looked and it's the link at the bottom of the shaft thats twist. Well I should say the bar that's in the bushing is moving around in the bushing. Will booger booshing take car of this? I'm thinking I might have wore it out messing with it or the prongs are different sizes on each shifter as it didn't do this before with the stock shifter. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
neone?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
dont know about that shifter you have but. booger bushings will help any shifter on feel. it will be alil more notcher. which is a good thing that helps you feel the gear you r trying to go in..

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shifter is awesome in the shifting feel. But the problem is that you can TWIST the entire shifter staff about an 1/8 turn. The bottom rod that hooks into the bushing is what's causing it. Looks like the bushing was stretched so the rod in the bushing can move around. My main question is that will booger bushings fix this? Not sure if booger bushings replace this bushing with a stiffer one or not.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
on that note i would say yes. because the boogers fits tighter on the shifter pin...also make sure you r not twisting the cable when trying to put it on. hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts