Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case Perrin Deletes it from their forum which i doubt cause they're never around... :lol:
I bought my intercooler used from another member. He didn't say anything about any fitment issues. So I thought it might be just my car. but i have a friend with an E-blue who had fitment issues on the driverside as well.

The issue on my car was the distance in between the inlet and outlet pipes was too short. It barely cleared the radiator. So I had to bend the edge radiator fins to allow fitment. Still no luck so a friend held the Intercooler suspended in air at a slight angel while i hooked up the piping. Then we attached the bumper bar.

I really like this intercooler tho. But the install took us 4hrs. We had the car torn apart and ready for the install in 1 hr using hand tools

Here is the passenger side pipe. The pipe was actually rubbing up against that silver clip thing holding the bottom part of the radiator.

same issue on the driver side.

Overall install was a really big hassle and PITA. The performance gains were really nice as this was the last bolt-on I needed on my way to 300hp with the stocker before fuel. PTB was reduced as lag was ever so slightly increased making the car a lot easier and better to drive. Overall my butt dyno says i gained some ponies and i am exstatic with the performace increase this mod has given me. Just sharing my experiences.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I was the friend helping Leo with the install;
The intercooler is designed wrong, it needs at least another inch between the hot side and cold side pipes. We actually "installed" the intercooler 3 times. First time was with the bumper beam attached and we could not get the in/out pipes to clear the radiator and the cold side pipe to clear the PCM bracket. Second try was bending the radiator frame with the bumper beam still attached, third attempt was with the bumper beam removed and with me forcing the intercooler at an angle so Leo could get the hoses on and then attaching the bumper beam. Another bad part design, the bumper beam bolts are too long, we had to use a stack of washers to get the bolts to fit.

Hints to Perrin;

Increase the spacing between the hot and cold side pipes by an inch.
Extend the hot side pipe by 2" so the clamp is accessible.
Redesign the intercooler to bumper beam mounting so the bolt is accessible.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hmmm... Mine fit pretty well, the only thing I had to do was bend my ecu bracket a bit.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i had to bend that too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts