Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of performance do you guys EXPECT for Stages I,II, and III ? Is there is a formula somewhere that can roughly calculate 0-60 or 1/4 mile giving a certain HP or Torque increase?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys, Im not really looking for an exact number. I just dont have a clue what those kind of upgrades will do for performance. Assuming 5.6 0-60 is stock, will Stage 2 get you below 5?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,971 Posts
meddle said:
Come on guys, Im not really looking for an exact number. I just dont have a clue what those kind of upgrades will do for performance. Assuming 5.6 0-60 is stock, will Stage 2 get you below 5?
The short awnser is "we don't know". The long awnser... well.. The major increases in horsepower will necessate a demand for traction. Getting to 60 in an overpowered front driver is tricky because you need to work hard to get the launch down. My guess is that you'll be able to haze the tires from 0 - 60 for 5.6 seconds, but I don't think the 0-60 times will decrease by a whole lot, unless you add some drag slicks, the LSD, or various other tricks. I'd expect a 0-60 w/stage 2 to be a few tenths faster than stock, maybe (BIG maybe) approaching 5.0 or so for a great driver. But that time on a street start (not a prepared track surface) will be VERY difficult. You should expect your quarter mile times to decrease be a good deal however, since the launch will play a lesser role in the outcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
It looks like with a Stage 2 or a Stage 3 your gonna be melting down your tires. I'd resolve the traction issues before I'd begin to think about more power.

-faast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill stick big racing slicks on the front wheels and leave the rear stock.

j/k but what would you suggest? and how much will that set me back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,971 Posts
Lets start with what your goal is. Just dragracing? Street or Strip? Autocrossing? Is this going to be an every day driver? We might be able to offer suggestions after we know what you want to do..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyday driver. Id like to get something that will be ok for regular use but will also give me some more traction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,971 Posts
meddle said:
Everyday driver. Id like to get something that will be ok for regular use but will also give me some more traction.
Well, i'd start with the mopar limited slip. It's being tested as we speak, and we'll know the details of it soon i'm sure. Beyond that, you can't get much sticker street tires than the Mich Pilot Sports that the SRT comes with, so a tire upgrade won't be necessary. Nobody's sure if a wider tire will fit yet, but if it does, you might look into increasing the tires foot print. You might even look into a stiffer suspension, although that might not help the launch that much, and it will decrease the ride comfort of your daily driver. All this will go along way with the power upgrades you were talking about, also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
ebbtide said:
meddle said:
Everyday driver. Id like to get something that will be ok for regular use but will also give me some more traction.
Well, i'd start with the mopar limited slip. It's being tested as we speak, and we'll know the details of it soon i'm sure. Beyond that, you can't get much sticker street tires than the Mich Pilot Sports that the SRT comes with, so a tire upgrade won't be necessary. Nobody's sure if a wider tire will fit yet, but if it does, you might look into increasing the tires foot print. You might even look into a stiffer suspension, although that might not help the launch that much, and it will decrease the ride comfort of your daily driver. All this will go along way with the power upgrades you were talking about, also.
SCC said you can fit at least 7"s or 7.5"s with no rubbing (depending on the wheel diameter). And, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't stiffer suspension increase cornering perfomance (by limiting roll and a lower center of gravity) much more than it does your takeoff?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Xerxes
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing
Top