Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
816 Posts
Looks good to me. I personally run a breather on the drivers side as aftermarket intakes are missing the sponge found in the factory airbox. If meth will damage a turbo wheel, oil might as well. I'm considering adding the agp breather catch can.

· Registered
816 Posts
Does your aftermarket intake have a port to run tubing from the drivers valve cover vent to that port?
To my knowledge, that tube that runs to the sponge in the factory air box, might actually be getting a small amount of vacuum from the intake filter (vacuum from turbo) since the air box is closed up. That has me thinking that the drivers port does need vacuum to suck out crankcase vapors and pressure, however with the aftermarket intakes having a port that connects directly the valve cover, there’s no filter to stop oil and vapors going into the turbo.
Yes, my agp 3" cai has the port. It was a different diameter than the driver breather. I've covered it with a rubber nipple.

Edit: I want to add that I believe that vacuum is unnecessary as the crankcase will undergo positive pressure. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't worry about it. No oil hitting my compressor wheel please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts