Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i haven't heard anything but am still willing to offer to assist as well.
Unless you know assembly language for the Motorola MPC565 processor, I don't know what else there is you can do, we need to disassemble the binary ROM image now...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looking for some PCM ROM File dumps... If you would like to help please PM me......If you have an XCAL2 you can help....

Download and install this tool...Deposit Files
MD5: 589ef58efabafd928f935e6dd4e04553
Password: 3S2ibh9XnTHeVxEp4vWlrWTsK8BtlKAUvzAcPgjZq9fHyWA08inYvmDwpdWz1ZS

If you don't have an md5 utility here is a free one http://www.nullriver.com/downloads/Install-winMd5Sum.exe

File was encrypted/passworded/hashed to make sure it is not tampered with. I don't trust free upload services.....

Using the Xcal2 plug it into your cars OBD Port.
Go to Diagnostics
Then Read ECU Memory
Once that is completed plug your Xcal2 into the computer and open the tool.
Choose a directory for the image to be saved in then click the Get STK File button. The file will be labeled "xxxxxxxxxx.STK" where the "x" is your PCM Internal CAL ID, not necessarily what the sticker on the outside says... Email that to [email protected] and please include your cars year and whether it is a staged or stock pcm. If the pcm is not originally from the car it is in please provide the info from the car it came from.

If you see yours already on the list you can still email it to me. It will help ensure that the images match across the same CAL ID.

Files Submited So Far:

Stage 0 | 05029242AI
Stage 1 | 04510055AC
Stage 0 | 05029832AE

Tried this back in 2007 with second generation neons including NGC units. RomRaider is the closest project to 00-02 models as many subis use the same processor architecture. So far, not a single open source or freeware project has anything remotely similar to the NGC units. Most car companies are also not using freescale as much as they were before.

Unless you know assembly language for the Motorola MPC565 processor, I don't know what else there is you can do, we need to disassemble the binary ROM image now...
I'm pretty sure IDA pro supports the mpc500x family. I did quite a bit of reversing on neon ECU's some time ago. Unfortunately, you need some serious money to delve into this stuff. Something that i definitely do not have much of.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
This would be so awesome. Mercedes Benz said their ECU's couldn't be cracked, but who unlocked one from a 2008 E320 CDI diesel? BULLY DOG did!

The Nissan GTR R35 has been in the USA how long? And Cobb has already unlocked that ECU.

Why this hasn't already been accomplished with the SRT4 is beyond me. Well, besides there not being a huge aftermarket push for it. But I don't see the SRT4 ECU being super complicated compared to the cars I have already mentioned.

Best of luck guys!

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
The guy started with a lot in that thread, then got a little over-confident of his abilities. He really spouted off a bit too much on sticking it to DCX. Perhaps if he played ball a bit, there would be a $100 tuning cable now. Lots of good info in that thread, though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The guy started with a lot in that thread, then got a little over-confident of his abilities. He really spouted off a bit too much on sticking it to DCX. Perhaps if he played ball a bit, there would be a $100 tuning cable now. Lots of good info in that thread, though.
I doubt we'd have a $100 tuning cable. Their ECU uses the CAN bus, which is nothing like ours. Maybe the C-SRT guys would have something, but not the N-SRT's.

Anyways, any progress on figuring out anything? Any dissassemblies of the ROM's? Please share if you find anything, I am very good with electronics (including microcontrollers) and assembly, so let me know if you have any questions or make any progress.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Yeah, that may have been a bit of an exaggeration, but the type of bus is not what is holding this thing back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, that may have been a bit of an exaggeration, but the type of bus is not what is holding this thing back.
I figured you'd know the difference, but not everyone that is reading has a clue. I am getting ready to order some electronics in october to start playing around a bit more with my ECU. I hope to get it at least data logging using the Chrysler SCI bus, then once that is working correctly, start mapping out some things and work on doing some programming. I am tired of waiting on SCT, and don't want to buy a predator without a single user license. After I get communicating with the ECU, then I will worry about trying to get ROM images to compare. No clue how far I'll get, or what I'll do with it once done, but I am just sick of the crap that's available now. $100 tuning cables FTW :).

·
Technical Tuning & EFI/EMS Electronics moderator
1,431 Posts
I doubt we'd have a $100 tuning cable. Their ECU uses the CAN bus, which is nothing like ours. Maybe the C-SRT guys would have something, but not the N-SRT's.

Anyways, any progress on figuring out anything? Any dissassemblies of the ROM's? Please share if you find anything, I am very good with electronics (including microcontrollers) and assembly, so let me know if you have any questions or make any progress.

I realized that after I posted the link but there are still little gems of info in there. The one that caught my attention was were he posted he figured out the after key on code that sets the pcm up to accept a new flash. It would be nice to know if it's the same code for the ngc3.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the SCT software that was posted in the original thread? It would help me out a lot if I could find a copy of this.

Ryan

21 - 34 of 34 Posts