Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some PCM ROM File dumps... If you would like to help please PM me......If you have an XCAL2 you can help....

Download and install this tool...Deposit Files

Using the Xcal2 plug it into your cars OBD Port.
Go to Diagnostics
Then Read ECU Memory
Once that is completed plug your Xcal2 into the computer and open the tool.
Choose a directory for the image to be saved in then click the Get STK File button. The file will be labeled "xxxxxxxxxx.STK" where the "x" is your PCM Internal CAL ID, not necessarily what the sticker on the outside says... Email that to [email protected] and please include your cars year and whether it is a staged or stock pcm. If the pcm is not originally from the car it is in please provide the info from the car it came from.

If you see yours already on the list you can still email it to me. It will help ensure that the images match across the same CAL ID.

Files Submited So Far:

Stage 0 | 05029242AI
Stage 1 | 04510055AC
Stage 0 | 05029832AE

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sign me up... I have been DYING to crack this thing, I've taken a few stabs at it, made some progress, but I just can't seem to produce any significant results.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The more images the better. End goal is to try and get our car supported in the OpenECU project. I am sick and tired of SCT/DSP especially when there are open source tools available.

·
Registered
168 Posts
let me know what you need and how to get it and id be glad to help.

I'm running a 04 GT Cruiser Auto PCM but it is basicaly the same.

If this actually goes through maybe i can get some TCM control to.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The end result would be the ability to use open source (free) tools to tune our pcm. This would be a great alternative to paying companies such as Diablo and SCT tons of money when we could just buy the flashing cable (~$200) and use a free software package to modify parameters and flash with.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
went to try this but i just formatted comp and cant find my SCT disk (PRP software) where can I software?

You don't need Advantage to do this. PM me your email and I will send you the latest version I have....

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
This is great, please make sure to keep us updated on any results you find. If you need any addtl help with anything, please let me know. When I get my XCAL back from my friend in the next few weeks i'll grab my rom and send it to ya.

I said a few months ago this could be done, all we would need is to get our ROM supported in ROMRaider or the likes and we can really have something powerful here.

The new v2.0 taxtrix cable should soon be supporting VPW :) Oh, and that cable also has an input for your wideband too and can datalog to SDcard built onto it. It would be sweet in my SRT to hit my defrost switch and start logging like do in my Forester XT.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
would like to assist on the other end, if you want to share the files and continue to post results.

it probably would be a good idea to have a few of the same year/stage pcm roms to compare. that way you can see commonality and possibly find things like vin # association.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
How is this project going?

Does anyone else have any other ROM images to submit?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts