Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night I was coming home from my cousins house and I crossed over a set of really bad train tracks(going about 5mph) and as I put the car into 2nd gear the car died. I pulled over and tried to restart the car.....and nothing. Popped the hood and found that I blew the PCM fuse. I pulled the 20A fuse for the cig lighter and the car started right up. Drove about 300ft and the fuse popped again.

My buddy who was following went and picked my up a few packs of 20A fuses and when I put the next one in and started the car it popped instantly.

So, we then pushed the car into a parking lot and replaced the fuse again. This time it was fine. I drove the car around the lot for about 10min driving in figure 8's, circles in both directions, stopping fast and slow and shifting a bunch. When I pulled up to tell him it looks like everything was ok, the fuse popped again.

I called AAA and they came and towed my home, but I put a new fuse in and was able to drive the car down the ramp and it just idled in my garage for 15min and I shook every wire in the car.... 02 sensors, PCM wiring, fan wiring, every thing I could find I moved extensivly and nothing......

And ideas what I should do??? I'm completely lost here......

Dave

·
Registered
920 Posts
Having the same problem... the ignition lights, radio, etc are on but blows the pcm fuse. Something has to be shorting somewhere.. or bad ground. i was reading that ASC fuse or relay could be loose. the wire that grounds behind the valve cover. idk im at a lost too. Mine will blow if after a good 2nd gear pull or 3 gear pull. My battery is relocated in the back so it could be anywhere.

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Look on the radiator support on the drivers side for the pcm ground. Sand some of the paint away and resecure that screw. I had all of your guys symptoms and this solved my issue. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts