Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a stuttering problem with my car when going from a dig and when i would get into boost.....they told me since my plugs have been changed to the ngk's im not under warranty and i have to pay AROUND $150 for diagnostics and the new factory plugs....thats bullshit....i have 35000 miles on the car .....now i just hope i get the problem fixed when i reach 18 spike cuz now i couldn't even do that at 13 spike...we'll see when i pick up the car tomm....cuz their changing my valve cover gasket also since it was leaking a little and said if i didint touch anything then the gaskets under warrenty.....and i didint touch anything at all in that area......

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Wait.

So you've got aftermarket parts on your car that affect boost... and you're complaining that they don't wanna honor your warranty?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eviilboy said:
Wait.

So you've got aftermarket parts on your car that affect boost... and you're complaining that they don't wanna honor your warranty?
im saying $150 is a bitch for plugs

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
You previously said it was for diagnostics and for plugs, now you're saying it's just for plugs...? 150 for diagnostics and plugs doesn't sound out of the ordinary. Yes, it's still too expensive but if you have to pay that much for them to honor your warranty with all the mods you have then I'd say pay the man

·
Registered
462 Posts
5 bucks for hemi plugs, 60 bucks for a diagnostics test at every dealer ive run to. 150 does seem a bit much.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bewstd04 said:
5 bucks for hemi plugs, 60 bucks for a diagnostics test at every dealer ive run to. 150 does seem a bit much.
thank you....diagnostics is usually 90...i mean w/e it is a stelaership....and yea its not just for plugs but that is BS....i was told that the nkg's made the problem when i had them in b4 so they put in the factory ones.....likei said if i can boost 18psi without a jerk on the way then ill be happy....i wont be dealing with the dealeership anymore anyways for warrenty work

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and b4 my car ran like crap from a dead stop so with the factory plugs it might run normal....but what i want is it to run smooth all the way to 18psi cuz that was my main concrn why i took it in

·
Registered
954 Posts
srT4URBO said:
and b4 my car ran like crap from a dead stop so with the factory plugs it might run normal....but what i want is it to run smooth all the way to 18psi cuz that was my main concrn why i took it in
NGK 4306, why is that so much different than stock champions? did you ask them why the brand name of the plug voided the warranty? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
378 Posts
tell them to eat a dick on the diagnostic cost cuz it doesn't take a genius nor an hour to find out the plugs aren't stock or that they were fouled ... you coulda told them that yourself in the first place. Then just order some NGK iridiums from sparkplugs.com and be done with Dodge and rest of those crooks. Problem solved

Oh and they can deny warranty work but not void your entire warranty for just plugs

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NCNTRL516 said:
tell them to eat a dick on the diagnostic cost cuz it doesn't take a genius nor an hour to find out the plugs aren't stock or that they were fouled ... you coulda told them that yourself in the first place. Then just order some NGK iridiums from sparkplugs.com and be done with Dodge and rest of those crooks. Problem solved

Oh and they can deny warranty work but not void your entire warranty for just plugs
yeai cant do much now since they did the work and i talk to the guy on the phone....he just started BSing his way around i was trying to be cool but ill tell him what i think once im done with them tomm.....what ill reallly be pissed at is if the car runs fine from a dead stop but cant reach 18psi still.....thats my MAIN concern.... then that means that the plugs fixed nothing since it ran the same b4....and when i took the guy for a ride he told me its the plugs being bad...there was no diagnostics they thought it was the plugs switched them and said it was done now thats BS:flame:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Shoulda tryed a more reasonable dealer. With my mods went to a dealer got my 3rd gear fixed no hassles about mods.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jyndrus90 said:
Shoulda tryed a more reasonable dealer. With my mods went to a dealer got my 3rd gear fixed no hassles about mods.
i went to that dealership b4, they just went crazy when they seen i have 35.5k on the car and wanted warrenty work

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SRTBOOSTN said:
I was having the same problem with my plugs! I went through 2 sets
of champion plugs from the dealership before they put NGK'S in and
i have not had any problems since! It was all covered under waranty!
well hey how can i argue with the guy who said that this car is MAXED out and shouldnt be touched because it will only cause problems....and yae mods will cause problems in the future but the car is not MAXXXED out....but hey if you cant or dont know how to lie then you cant work at a dealership

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
Why are you whining about the price? Most dealerships charge between 75 -85 an hour for labor, the price of the factory plugs will cost you 50.00 from the dealer ship.

Dude not to sound like a turd, but this is something you could of handled yourself. 5 mins of trouble shooting, 45.00 for mopar wires from S&P and 12.00 for new 4306's from napa, 2.50 for a gapping tool and the 20 mins to change plugs and wires. To easy lemon squeezy!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
srT4URBO said:
jyndrus90 said:
i went to that dealership b4, they just went crazy when they seen i have 35.5k on the car and wanted warrenty work
Ha I have 35.6k miles our mileage is pretty close.

·
Registered
109 Posts
the dealer is the worst place to do anything if you car is more than stock. tried to charge me $150 for a transmission fluid change (wtf?). they're rediculous that's probably the worse i've come across

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
what dealer? Schaumburg Dodge?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
i have a cc on my car because of the oil leaking from my car. it took care of the leak. i brang the car to dodge and they said nothing could be done to fix it so this was the solution.
i was then burning oil left and right and brang the car in. they told me that in order for them to ts the problem that i would have to take the cc off or put a different house on the pcv system.
so, i went to pick the car up and they tried to charge me $49 just to look at it. my car is still under warranty so i told them to get bent. we fought back and forth and i told them that they didn't do anything. they popped the hood and saw the cc and that was it.
long story short, i didn't pay for anything. i left the dealerdouche bags with them being pissed off but o well. i should also mention they didn't tell me over the phone that they were going to charge me either.
they can't void your warranty either, just restrict it. i know some assholes will chime in and start some crap. there's something called the magnuson-moss act that says the dealership can't void the warranty on the car and has to prove that the aftermarket part on your car is the problem which in this case, it was the plugs that were the problem. however, they still can't say that the warranty is void now.
that being said, as someone stated, you should've tried to fix it yourself. unless you have some major oil leaks or the tranny just fell out of the car when you were driving, there's no point in bringing it in. too many people mod the hell out of the car and expect dodge to foot the bill. this is why they look at most srt-4 owners like they are street racing punks. one of the techs told me that if you put the car back to stock and bring it in, they can fix it, no problem.
if you really have a problem that you can't figure out, get a diagnostic check and then fix whatever they tell you is wrong. they are going to charge you insane prices for parts because they can. i went to a garage and had them ts the problems my wife was having with her car. they wanted to charge me $500 bucks to look at the car and fix it. it cost me the $70 diagnostic fee and $225 in parts for me to fix it. do-it-yourself and save some $$$.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts