Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Thanks ... Engine Joe for your input...... also, i believe i should have some reserve in the Fuel System, that's why i am running a -8 feed and a -6 return.

is it ok to return into the fuel canister???? any problems with fuel aeration?
There is nothing bad about going big in this case. Returning to the canister is the way to do it right. It keeps the pump cool.

What kind of pump are you using? E85 or gas?

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Not familiar with the 455 (maybe 450?), but the 255 is the only one I know that it direct fit. The 450 has to be custom fit by cutting the canister and running custom lines. Also if you are going E85, the 255 is ok and the 450 has two versions; one is compatible and one is not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
opp's 450...... was trying to leave a quick reply yesterday morning .

and it was the e85 450, more capacity than 255... but maybe not needed?

acquired a couple used srt4 pumps w/ canister's and a new canister from cox to try building a couple good one's
(gotta have a spare)

as far as custom lines , it will be all AN fittings and using e85 compatible in tank hose from APE
(saw that tip on a post "E85 question regarding fuel line, and filter")

.... e85 steel braided
8 feed into a full blown rail and a 6 steel braided e85 return from regulator back to tank unit and into canister

found fittings from lsxinnovations -6AN Male Flare Bulkhead To 5/16 Hose Barb Fuel Tank Fitting / -8AN Male Flare Bulkhead To 3/8 Hose Barb Fuel Tank Fitting.... good/ bad ??

is their any like more current post's for upgrading fuel system on e85?

most are around 4 years old....thanks

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Nothing has really changed with regard to a fuel system. It is simply hoses and fittings, find the cheapest ones that don't leak. I've been using Summit fittings and their braided nylon hose for 8 years with e85 without issue. I think I've replaced the in-tank hose once or twice, but it was an "I'm in here, I may as well do it" type thing. The replaced hose seemed fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
i started on fuel pump , i'll be using ptfe -8 for feed and return.

using APE E85 hose for connections inside fuel tank

i read Gizmodo's Sticky w/pic's........ but pic's are no longer available....bummer.

i need to keep 255 pump secured to the bottom of canister....
do you (Gizmodo) still recommend using copper tubing (w/ends de-burred) to
hold pump in position with this different type fuel hose?

also best way to plug hole when removing factory regulator

also is there a way to get pic's to open in your Sticky?

(sorry , can't get pic's to rotate)
any other suggestions? thanks

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
6 Participants
valvefloat
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing