Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't seem to find part numbers for building a -6 e85 fuel system using the stock feed line.

i'll add a large fuellab filter for e85 with -6 , but what fittings are needed to add it?

also fittings and misc needed to put my 255 pump in the stock canister

i've read the post '' e85 questions , with about 11 pages ....

anyone have a simple parts list w/part no. and where that part goes in the fuel system ?

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help Gump....Full Blown has some special fittings i'll need

this is the 255 pump kit i was looking to buy from Modern

second pic is what i think i need for fittings and installing 255 into canister

third is fittings i believe i'll need but w/o that filter

fourth - this is how i want to mount my Fuelab 828 Filter.... what fitting's do i need?

5- is this how i need to route lines?

Lastly.... i get this a lot when trying to research and learn... can't get pictures.
Pic's help a lot , but can't get because post are too old?
some of this info goes back to 2005. Which makes me think vendors have put out updated... better refined part's today

i'm sure i'm going to buy stuff that i don't need, so suggestions for the right part's Greatly Appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll be using AGP return line kit from Modern..... so i will only need one -6 for feed out of pump

i believe pictures are showing return going back to pump

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the link dirtbag...... has a lot of good info, i'll be ordering fittings , lines and other misc. items because of this post

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so most guy's are using -6 for return when switching to a Big Turbo....

the AGP kit like from Modern , has a -4 return

anyone sell a -6 kit?

i would like to use my feed line for the return and go ahead and change/add -8 for the feed to a Full Blown rail,

i believe i'll need a "Aeromotive A1000-6 Injected Bypass Regulator 13109", it can accept -6 fittings

any info on making your own -6 return on SRT Forums ?

it's for a e85 build , want to have plenty of capacity

i'll still return it into the filler hose (changing -4 to -6 in the tube for filler hose) like "Aaronneon" did in 2006 post

Aaronneon return line installed! (pics)

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
thanks for the help , starting to test assemble engine......

went with a aftermarket fuel rail.....is their any t-stat housing spacer's being made ?

been looking , no luck
i tried to do a quick look around and havent found anywhere that sells them anymore. Rage-tek used to, but they scammed a bunch of people... i dont even know if things can be purchased from them anymore...

BUT, i can tell you i made my own. I used another thermostat housing and cut the flange that meets the head off and smoothed it out and used it as a spacer. obviously longer bolts and new gaskets are required.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks, i have a friend with a cnc machine.... will try something with him for spacing t-stat housing out

i have read many posts on fuel returns, i believe i'll go with -6 fittings on my factory feed line .

going back to the pump and returning fuel into the canister using SDK's fuel return adapter

feed line will be -8 all the way to the rail

should be good for power my pte 5431 is capable of on e85

thought's ? comments?

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I ran a -6 feed with a -4 return back in the day. Once I got over 500whp with E85 it started having fuel issues....not running out but not as consistent as it should be at all load conditions. I had the FPR before the rail and the small return. I learned from that and put a proper setup on the new car. -6 feed and -6 return with the FPR after the Boomba rail. It should be able to supply as much fuel as the Walbro 450 can pump. It would easily support a PTE 5431 maxed out on E85.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ran a -6 feed with a -4 return back in the day. Once I got over 500whp with E85 it started having fuel issues....not running out but not as consistent as it should be at all load conditions. I had the FPR before the rail and the small return. I learned from that and put a proper setup on the new car. -6 feed and -6 return with the FPR after the Boomba rail. It should be able to supply as much fuel as the Walbro 450 can pump. It would easily support a PTE 5431 maxed out on E85.
Thanks ... Engine Joe for your input...... also, i believe i should have some reserve in the Fuel System, that's why i am running a -8 feed and a -6 return.

is it ok to return into the fuel canister???? any problems with fuel aeration?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
6 Participants
valvefloat
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing