Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need the correct part number for the crush washers that attach the oil feed line to the turbo. My dealer ordered me a set (and I watched him pull the part number from the correct diagram) and they are too small. Grrr. Also, which side should face which, because there is a "concave" side and a flat side of the washers. Thanks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,564 Posts
go too autozone and get assorted copper washer they worked great for me. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, I was hoping to get the official parts, although thanks for the suggestion, I may end up doing that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,564 Posts
it works tried it myself. Replaced my stock turbo and used autozone washer boosting 17psi long time no leaks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Well, if I was at work right now I would. if you still havent solved your problem come tuesday (wich I think you probably will) I'll post if for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK,then anyone know what size washer these are so I can pick some up at autozone? are they actual crush washers, or just washers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
xaeryan said:
OK,then anyone know what size washer these are so I can pick some up at autozone? are they actual crush washers, or just washers?
Did you ever figure out which size crush washer to use? Did Autozone have it? I'm reinstalling the Mopar BOV this week and plan to remove the oil return line at the BOV so I can get better access to the 3rd bolt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steiner said:
Did you ever figure out which size crush washer to use? Did Autozone have it? I'm reinstalling the Mopar BOV this week and plan to remove the oil return line at the BOV so I can get better access to the 3rd bolt.
Unfortunately, nope. I ended up reversing the washers, AND flipping them upside down (i.e. bottom one on the top, top one on the bottom, both facing the opposite direction they were originally) and this stopped the leaking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Do you remember what the part number was for the WRONG size washers that the dealership ordered for you? I just bought a couple washer from my local Dodge dealer. The part number is 4852396AB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steiner said:
Do you remember what the part number was for the WRONG size washers that the dealership ordered for you? I just bought a couple washer from my local Dodge dealer. The part number is 4852396AB.
My part number was: 5045039AA
I watched them look it up in their diagram software, so if that is the wrong part number, it was the fault of the software, not the dealership. Let me know if yours work, seeing as they are a different part number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
xaeryan said:
My part number was: 5045039AA
I watched them look it up in their diagram software, so if that is the wrong part number, it was the fault of the software, not the dealership. Let me know if yours work, seeing as they are a different part number.
If I took a picture of the washers could you tell me if they were the right ones?

EDIT: Here they are. (crosses fingers :D)

http://home.comcast.net/~blackhandclan/104_0456.JPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steiner said:
If I took a picture of the washers could you tell me if they were the right ones?

EDIT: Here they are. (crosses fingers :D)

http://home.comcast.net/~blackhandclan/104_0456.JPG
well, they are hard to tell one from the other (the ones I ordered looked like they would fit too), BUT... yours do look like the inner diameter is a little larger than mine were. I would give them a shot, you may have got the right part number. PLEASE let me know if they do/don't fit.
P.S. - if they don't fit and you can't get to an autoparts store for the right size, you CAN reuse the originals, although not recommended. Just follow the correct torque specs, and check for leaks the moment you start the car, and stop while driving, then check again later... keep checking until you're sure, then check somemore. :lol:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top