Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
My car looked like a golf ball after a hail storm in South Lake Tahoe several years ago.
So I bought one of those dent repair tools from Ebay but never used it because there were just too many dents.
Instead I tried a professional paintless dent puller who fixed all the dents perfectly.
A detailed wax job a few years later revealed the fact that the finish was and still is perfect.

·
Super Moderator
16,113 Posts
Most of your "paintless dent repair" do it yourself items are aimed at light dents that do not crease anywhere, and most certainly do not chip or crack the paint. Even mild hail damage tends to go beyond what these tools can do. When my Ram Ecodiesel got nailed by hail in May 2018 I paid 500 dollars (my hail deductible) out of somewhere around 2400 total to pull out 35-40 dents from the hood and roof.

That being said, I've been tempted to try the "upside down canned air then hair dryer" technique on a tiny dent on the SRT-4 door. I just don't know if I have the balls to take a chance on screwing up the paint haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts