Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I sent a letter to the administrator asking about a group buy that makes me no money. its more for the srt-4 enthuses I know a painter and he did mine up for me and I think they look sweet I have pictures if any one really want to see. if he says no then I'll have to work out some thing on the side but I'm not sure how I'll accomplish that. just wonder how many people are interested in the idea. let me know of you can email me

·
Registered
163 Posts
My plan for the bezels was to:
Sand/prep
Primer
Paint with ad hoc plastic paint (you need to do this since the plastic will outgas)
Paint with E-Blue coded paint

I'm told that if I take the paint code to my collision guy, he can mix me up a spray can with the proper color. I need to look furhter into the cost though.

Anyway Andrew... Yea, I'm interested, depending on cost.

·
Registered
928 Posts
post some pics. I might be down with it

·
Registered
160 Posts
matched spray paint

69YenkoSC-SRT4 said:
My plan for the bezels was to:
Sand/prep
Primer
Paint with ad hoc plastic paint (you need to do this since the plastic will outgas)
Paint with E-Blue coded paint

I'm told that if I take the paint code to my collision guy, he can mix me up a spray can with the proper color. I need to look furhter into the cost though.

Anyway Andrew... Yea, I'm interested, depending on cost.
check out eastwood.com, if you send them the paint code, they will mix you a can of spray paint. I believe it is about $15 a can, not completely sure though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
jaymzx said:
Off topic, but when did you become the NW mod, Zane?
It was back when we were trying to get the Rainier Drive together and Daytona was so busy we didn't have anyone who could sticky the messages that we wanted sticky.

At least that's when I think it happened.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
just so you guys know they can do this at performance dodge in lincoln, NE too...send them your bezels and they will send them back professionally painted...doesn't cost too much either

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
jaymzx said:
Off topic, but when did you become the NW mod, Zane?
It is supposed to be tempariry while Daytona is working all the over time. Hopefully he can become more involved soon. It seems like we are loosing active members. I didnt even notice it said anything under my name untill you pointed it out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
well it is done by the pro's at a collision center and it is 15.00 for a pair. and from what i know. You can Not get you paint code in a spay can. they have to make large quntity to do that so thats why its not cheap. but unless you know some thing i dont then power to you.

i will post some picks on thursday

·
Registered
163 Posts
:thumbsup: Looks great Andrew! I'd definitely be interested in E-Blue.

BTW, I did find a local shop that will mix up a can of code-matched E-blue for cheap. But I'm definitely interested in getting them painted as a 1-stop shop (i.e. keeping the paint dust out of my garage). Let me know how much!

-Todd

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Here's his post $15 a pair.

Andrews srt-4 said:
well it is done by the pro's at a collision center and it is 15.00 for a pair. and from what i know. You can Not get you paint code in a spay can. they have to make large quntity to do that so thats why its not cheap. but unless you know some thing i dont then power to you.

i will post some picks on thursday

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea we can do the side mirrors at the same time. but its 15.00 for the light bezels and i think the same price for the mirrors. please lets keep this off the forum before some one gets introulbe. email me and i will give you a phone number. remember all this is being done by the pros in a baking booth with real sikkens paint. [email protected]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts