Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here you go.... the first side mirrors painted by NIGHTSHADE

again, he matched the color of my car.... no more texture... i just waxed it this morning and its actually smoother than the body of the car... i really like it... check out the pics:

tell me what you guys think... BTW, he also painted my fog light surrounds.

NOTE: I took new closeup pics on PAGE 2

his website: http://www.SRT4DESIGNS.com or just PM him (NIGHTSHADE)

it was almost night time so i didn't really get the best lighting... i'll try to take pics again tomorrow...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Btrturbcharged said:
Those look absolutely beautiful... Yo nightshade... try selling some painted B pillars too... I would drop some $ for those.
I asked them, him ignored me, so I did my own and posted in the howto...

The painting is the EASIEST part of doing them...Removing the rear pillars is the time consuming part, you have to remove the door panel and unbolt the rear glass...You'd still have to do all that even if you bought painted ones...

How to: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110176

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
webviper said:
Here you go.... the first side mirrors painted by NIGHTSHADE

again, he matched the color of my car.... no more texture... i just waxed it this morning and its actually smoother than the body of the car... i really like it... check out the pics:

tell me what you guys think... BTW, he also painted my fog light surrounds.

his website: http://www.SRT4DESIGNS.com or just PM him (NIGHTSHADE)

it was almost night time so i didn't really get the best lighting... i'll try to take pics again tomorrow...
Very nice, does nightshade paint the other portion of the mirror? Since I painted my pillars I don't think leaving that portion black would look good on my car...

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Bacardi 151 said:
I asked them, him ignored me, so I did my own and posted in the howto...

The painting is the EASIEST part of doing them...Removing the rear pillars is the time consuming part, you have to remove the door panel and unbolt the rear glass...You'd still have to do all that even if you bought painted ones...

How to: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110176

yours came out sick... how many cans of spray did u use? any pics from further away in the daytime? did the use the mopar spray paint?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bacardi 151 said:
Very nice, does nightshade paint the other portion of the mirror? Since I painted my pillars I don't think leaving that portion black would look good on my car...
i'm sure he can paint the entire mirror if you want... i chose to just paint the outer part... i think it came out nice...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hozay09 said:
What was the turn around time? or did u just use a core?
i live in the same county as he is... so i didn't have to pay him for the core... i just told him to paint 1 set for me... and we installed it when it was done...

but he has a core program going on for out-of-state members

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Btrturbcharged said:
yours came out sick... how many cans of spray did u use? any pics from further away in the daytime? did the use the mopar spray paint?
1/2 can of mopar paint, I did 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of color, 4 coats clear...I guess I did 10"-15" away...I used the other half of paint for the brake calipers...

Here's my showoff link, look at post 20

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148370

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
sorry for the delay in post bacardi you never contacted me i have never ignored a customer. I can paint the pilars and clar coat them to match the car. I can also paint the whole mirror as well. I can paint anything upon request!

Also the cores are 150 bucks and once i see more interest i will invest in more cores.

Thanks for the good post ill put your car on my website soon!

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
I like the two-toned mirror over a whole painted mirror! Looks awesome!! How much is it for a out-of-state person? I don't want to get rid of my stock ones so I would like to buy the whole mirror instead of the core program. Is that feasable?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
haknslash said:
I like the two-toned mirror over a whole painted mirror! Looks awesome!! How much is it for a out-of-state person? I don't want to get rid of my stock ones so I would like to buy the whole mirror instead of the core program. Is that feasable?
This is very feasible the cores cost me 138 bucks and shipping is around 12 so around 150 bucks is core charge. So the total would be 235 shipped. Since the painting service is 85 bucks(INCLUDES SHIPPING).

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
NightShade said:
This is very feasible the cores cost me 138 bucks and shipping is around 12 so around 150 bucks is core charge. So the total would be 235 shipped. Since the painting service is 85 bucks(INCLUDES SHIPPING).
Not bad at all. I'll have to give you a shout when I'm ready :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.