Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got her out of the body shop. SOme asshat, drug the front of his car down the drivers side of my baby a few weeks back, so while I had her in the shop I had him paint the mirrors and the fog light covers.

Opinions?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Very nice, I like it...

and I see that I'm not the only eblue SRT4 with a dark blue caravan for a family car :lol:

Dodge boys have more fun! the more Dodges the merrier.

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
hey man, looks awesome! i have a black srt4, but i still think the unpainted mirrors and foglight covers look gay on it....BUT i was told they CANT be painted cause the paint would chip off and if it didnt afterall, then it would look dumb cause of the textured plastic that they both are. how did your's get painted to look good? how much did they charge for the mirrors and covers? and did they clearcoat them all to match? can you post pics of both up close so i can see if they still look textured or not. everytime i wash my car i put some kind of dressing on the mirrors and inserts cuz they look faded if i dont, and i hate doing it, and would love to get them all painted. let me know, i really appreciate it! thanks!

- Chris

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
nice red x. did you paint the mirror and mounting arm too? i think i just wanna get my mirror matched eblue but leave the arm black. like on wrxs

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm glad you posted! I'm working on my mirrors and foglight bezels too. Plan was to paint the mirrors (only the rotating part, not the part that mounts the assembly to the A-pillar) E-Blue along with the foglight bezels.

Honestly, I think there's just a little too much blue on the front end of your car. Maybe it's the eyelids throwing me off... I've not seen a vinyl eyelid material that can accurately match the E-Blue.

So looking at your car, I'm thinking I'll do my foglight bezels in gunmetal to match my wheels and complement the CF eyelids. Just give it a little more black-to-blue balance...

Overall, great car though! E-Blue rules! Thanks for having the balls to make some bold moves and for showing us all what you did!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
they look pimp in person. (thats me parked behind him) They dont even look textured unless u look INSANELY close... After seeing these up close n personal , im now going to be forced to paint mine too. damnit. nice joey :jester:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Painted a friends mirrors (normal neon). Did some light sanding and used a high build primer (3 coats) and wet sanded smooth with 2000 grit then painted (2 coats) and clear coat and I muct say very nice. If you get it smooth and sand alittle so primer and paints stick well shouldnt chip.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Awsome!!! I was going to try to do my mirrors with vinyl but i ran out, but I did get a chance to do my fogs (actually second time i have done them, wrecked the first car)
heres a few pics, took like 1.5 hours. Sorry not trying to steal your thunder just say'n it looks awsome.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.