Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd throw up some pics of the Neon after some paint correcting.

Started by washing with Duragloss 901, my hands down favorite car wash that I've found. Makes a ton of suds and is super slick. Then moved to decontamination using Poorboys World iron remover then a really good rinsing and moved to Adam's synthetic clay bar using my old school Wolfgang foam gun to lube the paint. Washed again before drying with a electric leaf blower and microfiber drying towel. Next started polishing, I corrected the paint a year and a half ago so didn't need to go to crazy. Used a Adam's microfiber fast finishing pad, Meguiars 201, and my Flex3401. The 201 and Adam's fast finishing microfiber pad worked great together and finished very clear. After doing the whole car panel by panel blowing out the pad in between to keep residue down. Moved to sealing and waxing. Used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant combined with a Lake Country CCS pad. Again I have to say, perfect combo. The CCS pad holds the sealant in very well letting you really apply super thin coat of the sealant. Let the sealant cure roughly an hour then began to wipe down. Removing the sealant was suuuuppppeer easy. Also when putting the sealant on, i switched over to the old standby Porter Cable 7424xp. I like applying coatings, sealant, etc. with the 7424 since its lighter and smaller. After, the car sat for an 12 hours I moved to apply a coat of wax and decided to go to Blackfire Midnight Sun wax. I applied with a yellow wax applicator pad. Wax went on super easy. A word to the wise, apply the wax super thin. The stuff is tough to remove if applied thick, but once I started using less product and the job got easier and easier. Engine was cleaned using Majestic Solutions all purpose cleaner and a little Chemical Guys Silk Shine dressing, both products work great. I like the Silk dressing if applied very, very lightly. Interiors were cleaned using Majestic Solutions leather and plastics cleaner, also very reliable product and leaves no residue on any panels or dash. One of the pics below is the reflection of my cell phone in the truck lid.

Let me know what you think and feel free to shoot me any questions about the products or steps I used.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Came out very nice.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Well done! Nothing better than black when it is clean.
Unfortunately, that lasts about 0.2 seconds, in my experience. My '87 CSX is black. :|

That was one of the main reasons I bought a silver SRT4. It doesn't show dust and dirt as quickly as most other colors.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you use the proper washing and drying technique the results will last a long time. Plus next time I touch it up, it won't take as long and won't take as much work. Make it a trip man! I love detailing and the side money I make isn't too bad!! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts