Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem? I try to drive carefully, but with a MBC on the car spools so fast that I keep throwing the TIP code. :(
Do the EBC's have this problem, too?

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, details.

It's just a do-it-yourself type boost controller, ball & spring.
It's T-d off the 3" or so piece of black hose coming off the compressor housing. Goes from there to the MBC to the wastegate, then the stock wastegate hose is capped off.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Ah ok.

Thats where I have mine hooked up to. As long as its ont on the gree vacuum line.

For some reason, some of us get it and some dont. These ECU are not consistent. I think its cause you hit boost so quick with only part throttle openings.

I know i have been overboosting lately when i go to part throttle on it at 2200 rpm, i would over boost. IM goign to limit my boost to the stock 11 psi then have it do 15 when i hit 2800 rpm. I will see if it triggers my cel or not.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
boost

Yeah, I've noticed that some people seem to hit CEL's on similar situations that others don't. Weird.

I'm waiting to see about the UTEC from TurboXS. Seems like a real good unit that could help solve some of these issues, but I'm not sure when it's going to happen.
On a positive note, can't wait to see what that Mopar Stage 1 does. Soon. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.